Are you more likely to get your 1st choice in test center if you register early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neha4000

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The deadline for the august mcat registration is july 9th...so are you more likely to get your choice in test center if you register early? Has anyone not gotten their first choice in the past?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've registered and taken the MCAT twice. I registered in the first couple of days that registration was open. I got my first choice both times, but I was also at a facility that can handle a lot of people.

Yes and no.

I go to Wellesley. Our testing site ranked #1 in the country in Kaplan's latest post-test questionnaires--small site of 60, large real tables for each student, absolute silence--nice stuff. Wellesley students thought hey, it'd be gosh-darn convenient to take the MCAT five minutes away from our dorms at such a spiffy site. We (the 15 or so from the college taking the test) registered on the opening day to make sure. Only two of us received our first pick. I ended up spending the night in Boston to take it at my #3 testing choice.

Thus I have no idea how it works. I'm guessing that statistically, you're more likely to get your top site if you do it early. But if it's a small site, you may just have to cross your fingers.