Medical Are virtual volunteering opportunities looked upon unfavorably compared to in person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I have two opportunities for non clinical volunteering where I would be tutoring and mentoring low income students (middle/ high school), one being in person and one being online. Given my current schedule I would be able to volunteer more with the online opportunity because it’s very flexible and fits around my hours, however I’m worried ad coms view virtual non clinical volunteering as worse than in person and if I should bite the bullet and just do in person. The reason I don’t like in person is 1) the commute would add up to like 2 hours a week just going to the facility and back and obviously these hours can’t be included in my total hours so it’s 2 hours less than if I volunteered virtually

2) the schedule isn’t as flexible

Any information is appreciated. Again, I’m asking about non clinical virtual volunteering. I understand clinical should be done only in person

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

In person is significantly better. But also I consider tutoring to be a pretty weak nonclinical volunteering activity.

But whatever you do do it person

Status
Not open for further replies.