Are these legit companies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Firelambo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Preferred Podiatry Group or The Wound Pros LLC are legit companies to work for? Anybody have experience working for them?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Preferred Podiatry Group or The Wound Pros LLC are legit companies to work for? Anybody have experience working for them?

These are generally recruitment type companies that have actual contracts with nursing homes to provide podiatric services to the residents of these homes. You are basically a mule running around cutting toenails and nothing else.

The work is hard and the pay/benefits are not great. I would not recommend this type of work to anyone.

Reactions: 4 users
1638207500500.png

A quick look at the website for Wound Pros suggests to me they do all the stupid scammy stuff that WHC do. Overpriced lab testing, fancy antibiotic creams that no one has heard of, etc.

Call me terrible but wound healing that is focused on debridement + "fancy crap" is like one step above Nursing Homes. We are doing it because we have a license. The second they can find a less qualified person to do it - they will. We shine at WC when we offer things no one else can.

Overly limited and judgemental and I've literally been meaning to ask people - what sorts of dressings and what not they do/carry in their office, but I still think its more true than not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 346210

A quick look at the website for Wound Pros suggests to me they do all the stupid scammy stuff that WHC do. Overpriced lab testing, fancy antibiotic creams that no one has heard of, etc.

Call me terrible but wound healing that is focused on debridement + "fancy crap" is like one step above Nursing Homes. We are doing it because we have a license. The second they can find a less qualified person to do it - they will. We shine at WC when we offer things no one else can.

Overly limited and judgemental and I've literally been meaning to ask people - what sorts of dressings and what not they do/carry in their office, but I still think its more true than not.

This is sad, Wound Pros look at patients as cash cows and not the patient as a whole. New residents and pods - please do not treat your patients as a dollar amounts but do what is in their best interest. I've heard so many times from reps that if I use their allograft in office, insurance can reimburse up to $3000 blah blah blah. Too many people I know fall for this and guess what - get audited and have to pay back huge sums. Don't do it.

I personally do betadine, xeroform and gauze and make a wound bleed. That's it. Nothing fancy. Its unfortunate so many are brainwashed into thinking EpiFix or whatever brand you're loyal to has magical healing properties that will revolutionize wound care. Certain instances - sure, but majority - no.

Reactions: 1 users