Are MSAR GPAs AMCAS GPAs or the schools' interpreted GPAs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExistenceIsTorment

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking through the new updated MSAR, and I was wondering where the GPA values MSAR reports come from. Are they AMCAS GPAs, or are they "interpreted GPAs" (like the last x units taken or something) that the school provides?

My cumulative is not very salvageable but my science GPA is, but it looks like almost no school has a 3.3 cumulative as a 10th percentile...

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, so does that mean that even though I maintained/been maintaining a 3.9x in my post bacc for the past 60 or so science units (including non-retake prereqs, all of them), if I can't overcome a certain cGPA threshhold (my cGPA will be like at most 3.3, sGPA at most 3.45ish), it's highly unlikely I'll matriculate anywhere?

I went into this expecting an uphill battle, but I've worked quite hard for the last 2 or so years. I guess that's the price I pay for my laziness in undergrad though.

Members don't see this ad :)
1)Focusing on single GPA number is not how adcoms decide
2) bottom 10% means the bottom 10% were below that cutoff number
3) adcoms see your GPA year by year in UG and lump sum in PB as well as number of credits
4) if you have 60 credits at 3.9 work you are readonable candidate. Use 3.6-3.7 GPA for your number when targeting schools.

That's reassuring, thank you. Do you still think I'm a reasonable candidate even if I had a <3.0 GPA in college (engineering)?