AR Coat

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

American Desi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I ordered my new prescription progressive lenses with AR coating. It looks like my optician forgot to add AR coat in my new lenses. It is so annoying and hate to wear my new lenses with glare. Is it possible to get a AR coat after fitting the lens in the frame? or Should I ask for a refund? BTW...it was crizal lens i ordered and i dont see anti-glare effect...???
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You'll have to order new lenses.

Folks,

I ordered my new prescription progressive lenses with AR coating. It looks like my optician forgot to add AR coat in my new lenses. It is so annoying and hate to wear my new lenses with glare. Is it possible to get a AR coat after fitting the lens in the frame? or Should I ask for a refund? BTW...it was crizal lens i ordered and i dont see anti-glare effect...???
Thanks!

Crizal IS an anti reflective lens. If you have questions or concerns about it, you should talk to the person who you bought them from.

Like KHE mentioned, the best way is to take it back to where you got it and ask them.

But if you wanna try to figure it out for yourself, considering you haven't yet, look at the reflections of lights in the lens. If they're whitish, there's no AR; if they're colored (usually greenish or bluish), there's AR. Can be a bit hard to determine if you don't have lenses with and without AR side-by-side, but maybe you can. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anti-reflective_coating_comparison.jpg