Apush

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got my summer work for APUSH.

However, my teacher wants us all to complete a practice 2008 AP Exam.

He also wants us to read this short book AND listening to literally two days worth of podcasts.

However, I am trying to do this AP exam and I'm totally lost.

How does he want us to do it? Am I supposed to listen to the podcasts or read the suggested paperback book he wants us to read?

Or should I go out and buy AMSCO or REA or even the princeton review book and just read those over?

Basically i need to do this exam and I'm clueless on how to do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds dumb to me. Maybe he just wants to see how much you know (which is probably very little because you cover a wide breadth of material in AP US, unlike any previous history course) before you walk into class. AP History and English courses at my school have required reading and a little quiz (for english) or presentation (for history) on the first day, but nothing like a comprehensive final (AP tests are worse than that actually) the first day you walk in class.

Get a hold of him and find out what he's hoping to accomplish by making you guys take this exam. Is it just a pretest to see how much prior knowledge you have, or does he want to see how well you do on the exam after listening to the podcasts (what do they cover?) and reading the book?

What does the book cover? Is it a US History review book or is like a little fiction story? Listen to the podcasts and skim the book and see if any of it is relevant to doing that exam. If they are, then listen and read then do it the best you can. If they seem pretty irrelevant, I'd get a hold of him and see exactly what he's expecting to attain by making you guys take that test.

You should not have to buy an AP review book to take a final before you even take the class. Why even take the class in that case?

[although from my experience, I can read the AP review book in a week and learn exactly what I need to know for the AP test much faster and much more concisely than taking a 3-4 month course and covering the equivalent of 4 pages a day, if that]

All you really need is to memorize amsco and you should have a 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds dumb to me. Maybe he just wants to see how much you know (which is probably very little because you cover a wide breadth of material in AP US, unlike any previous history course) before you walk into class. AP History and English courses at my school have required reading and a little quiz (for english) or presentation (for history) on the first day, but nothing like a comprehensive final (AP tests are worse than that actually) the first day you walk in class.

Get a hold of him and find out what he's hoping to accomplish by making you guys take this exam. Is it just a pretest to see how much prior knowledge you have, or does he want to see how well you do on the exam after listening to the podcasts (what do they cover?) and reading the book?

What does the book cover? Is it a US History review book or is like a little fiction story? Listen to the podcasts and skim the book and see if any of it is relevant to doing that exam. If they are, then listen and read then do it the best you can. If they seem pretty irrelevant, I'd get a hold of him and see exactly what he's expecting to attain by making you guys take that test.

You should not have to buy an AP review book to take a final before you even take the class. Why even take the class in that case?

[although from my experience, I can read the AP review book in a week and learn exactly what I need to know for the AP test much faster and much more concisely than taking a 3-4 month course and covering the equivalent of 4 pages a day, if that]

Yeah, this is my main worry.

He didn't give you specific instructions of whether to simulate a real test or not so just buy AMSCO and use it to help you complete the practice exam. Your APUSH class so far already seems really easy in comparison the APUSH class at my school >_<

He didn't give you specific instructions of whether to simulate a real test or not so just buy AMSCO and use it to help you complete the practice exam. Your APUSH class so far already seems really easy in comparison the APUSH class at my school >_<

It's really funny you should say that.

All the seniors this year told me it was a joke.

Euro is extremely hard in my school though. It's weird :/

Ok. Just bought AMSCO :D