April 2021 NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnvikings5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Ensure that contents of the exam are NOT discussed within this forum!

Congrats to those who have taken the April 2021 NPTE and good luck to those yet to take it this month!

I wanted to start this thread to see how everyone felt about the exam, to encourage each other/post results when they come in; and to serve as a resource for future test takers.

It was extremely helpful for me to read past posts about how others felt about their respective exam, how they studied, and what their practice tests scores were leading up.
(Template used from @TDPT)

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like the exam was extremely difficult to be honest and studied extensively. I've read forums here and other websites that say to trust the process but I am finding that difficult. How did you feel about it?

Reactions: 1 user
I felt like the exam was extremely difficult to be honest and studied extensively. I've read forums here and other websites that say to trust the process but I am finding that difficult. How did you feel about it?

I felt like I studied so much and felt confident going in, passed both retired PEATS and then honestly felt a little wrecked by the test!! I felt like it was nothing like the PEATS and very difficult!!! So many random diagnoses on there that I hadn’t heard of. Trying to stay positive but it’s hard!!

I felt like I studied so much and felt confident going in, passed both retired PEATS and then honestly felt a little wrecked by the test!! I felt like it was nothing like the PEATS and very difficult!!! So many random diagnoses on there that I hadn’t heard of. Trying to stay positive but it’s hard!!
I agree I took 3 PEATS and passed all of them, so thought I would feel ok after the test. Not sure what to think, but I guess we will find out in a week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with you guys also, scores come out May 5th right?! Also, do you know if they usually come out at a certain time or will it be literally whenever that day?

Felt the same as you guys. And all my classmates have said the same. Passed practice PEAT with a 631 retired PEAT with a 628. And felt like the NPTE punched me in the teeth and took my lunch money.

I just took the test today and I'm already anxious to find out if I passed! Unfortunately since I took it in the test window instead of the original date I don't know if that means I have to wait longer to find out! I actually felt okay walking out...but that made me nervous and may have just been because it was done. But this waiting game is going to suck! Good luck to all of you and everyone else who took it/is taking it soon! I hope we all get the good results we're hoping for!

I'm in the same boat. I passed the retired PEAT with a 610 and the practice PEAT with a 615 and felt awful after I walked out.

I’ve been super anxious! Thought some questions were so random! I scored 664 on retired PEAT and 657 on practice PEAT; also left feeling so awful.

I agree with you guys also, scores come out May 5th right?! Also, do you know if they usually come out at a certain time or will it be literally whenever that day?

I believe the 5th is the right day! But I have no idea on time.... probably after noon but no idea
:( hopefully someone will post that on here when they find it’s released!

788 on retired PEAT and 687 on practice PEAT and legitimately worried I failed the exam. So many questions that I remembered and checked after the test to find that my answer was wrong. The oft-cited statistic that 99.3% of those who passed the retired form go on to pass the NPTE brings me little comfort when the test just felt like a punch in the gut. It's nice to know I'm not the only one to feel that way though. Maybe this year the 600 threshold will be a low score like the 130's.

Update 5/12: Passed the NPTE with a 704.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I took the exam on 28th and felt it was harder than PEAT. I didn’t score well on both peats.. retired peat- 591 and practice peat- 598. I’ve worked really hard and I am so anxious about the result.. I hope we all pass..

Reactions: 2 users
I took the exam on 28th and felt it was harder than PEAT. I didn’t score well on both peats.. retired peat- 591 and practice peat- 598. I’ve worked really hard and I am so anxious about the result.. I hope we all pass..

If it makes you feel better, my CI told me she failed both peats but crush the NPTE!! I passed both but I felt like they were nothing like the NPTE so it didn’t seem helpful anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️

I believe the 5th is the right day! But I have no idea on time.... probably after noon but no idea
:( hopefully someone will post that on here when they find it’s released!
I took my boards in January and we got our scores 4-5 days later! Keep refreshing!

Also I *barely* passed my PEATs - 610 and 604 - and got a 715 on the boards. Stay positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you took the boards on April 28th the scores will most likely be up by 5:00PM Central Time on May 4th.

I took it on the 28th, I felt pretty good walking out although some questions I had literally no idea. Definitely harder than the PEATs but easier than TherapyEd.

If it makes you feel better, my CI told me she failed both peats but crush the NPTE!! I passed both but I felt like they were nothing like the NPTE so it didn’t seem helpful anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️
Thank you. That does give me hope.. I’ve heard the result should be out tomorrow evening so we’ll find out pretty soon.. all the best..

My scores are up. Took the exam in Dallas Texas at 2pm Central Time. My state of licensure however is Nevada.

This was my third attempt.

Practice tests were taken in this order studying 3 hours a day maximum for 6 weeks. Cramming a little in the last week.

Practice PEAT: 544
Therapy Ed 1 (minimal studying): 62%
Therapy Ed 2: 70%
Therapy Ed 3: 67%
Retired PEAT: 570

Never passed a PEAT, but therapy ed is considered much harder from what I have heard..

I freakin' PASSED!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
My scores are up. Took the exam in Dallas Texas at 2pm Central Time. My state of licensure however is Nevada.

This was my third attempt.

Practice tests were taken in this order studying 3 hours a day maximum for 6 weeks. Cramming a little in the last week.

Practice PEAT: 544
Therapy Ed 1 (minimal studying): 62%
Therapy Ed 2: 70%
Therapy Ed 3: 67%
Retired PEAT: 570

Never passed a PEAT, but therapy ed is considered much harder from what I have heard..

I freakin' PASSED!!!!!
I was in the same score range for TherapyEd.. scored 591 in retired peat and I Passed!! Congratulations bud..

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats to those who have taken the April 2021 NPTE and good luck to those yet to take it this month!

I wanted to start this thread to see how everyone felt about the exam, to encourage each other/post results when they come in; and to serve as a resource for future test takers.

It was extremely helpful for me to read past posts about how others felt about their respective exam, how they studied, and what their practice tests scores were leading up.

I passed!!! Will update my score as it comes in a few weeks with my practice texts scores!!

Reactions: 2 users
I took it on the 28th, I felt pretty good walking out although some questions I had literally no idea. Definitely harder than the PEATs but easier than TherapyEd.
I Passed!
Got my score report today: 734/800

I used Scorebuilders as my main source of information, and TherapyEd to fill in the gaps when I felt like I needed more information or for more practice in weaker areas.

Practice Test Scores:
TherapyEd A - 65%
TherapyEd B - 76%
TherapyEd C - 77% (Taken 3 days before NPTE)
Scorebuilders A - 61% (Taken as baseline before any studying)
Scorebuilders B - 74.5%
Scorebuilders C - 81% (Taken 10 days before NPTE)
PEAT Retired Form - 81%
Practice PEAT - 71%

Did anyone that scheduled to test in the “window” past the regular two days get their exam date moved up? I know they said it’s possible, and I’m scheduled at the end of the window and am worried about losing 2 weeks of study time with as little as 24hrs notice. I contacted fsbpt and they did indeed say it could be 24 hours notice.