April 2015 NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dinamoe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm taking the exam this April. With the exam is coming closer I feel I'm getting more and more anxiouse everyday. I pray we all do good and have those five hours pass by in PEACE.

Members don't see this ad.

Good Luck to all of You!!!
Think Positive !

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished the exam two hours ago..
I felt it was harder than the PEAT. In addition the scenarios were a little more lengthy..
Some questions I didn't even know how to answer..
Eventhough i felt I did good on my practice test i truely have no idea about my overall assessment in the real exam. I just feel uncomftrable right now bcs it was harder than what I expected and I keep beating myself up when I try to remeber the choices I selected.
I don't know how I'll live until I see my result.
How was your experience guys?

Last edited:
I felt that most of them are answerable but very tricky, some of them i ended up with 2 answers which led me on a 50:50 answer... if im gonna rate the exam i would definitley say it was moderately hard :(( i hope we all do pass, God is with us, lets just keep on praying, we did our best! Now lets hold on to that and believe that we will pass! This will now be one of the longest 5-6 days of our lives :)

Reactions: 1 users
I would rate it as moderately difficult. I think it was difficult because it was the real thing and we had never seen these questions before. Unless you guessed on a good portion of the test, you probably did fine. I thought half the test was easy. I didn't have a clue for 10% of the questions, but for every other question I had a rationale for my answer. Hopefully the hard questions were the 50 questions that don't count!

It was definitely much harder than the PEAT exams. It got a bit easier towards the end. I also had a rationale for my answers so that helped narrow it down. On a difficulty scale, I'd rate it a 7. Not sure how to feel about it. I did really well on my PEATs, especially the retired NPTE. I hope all they say about scores correlating to the real thing is true this time.

Does anyone know if they've made changes to when scores are reported and how you get your score? The FSBPT website used to list an option to pay $55 and see your score after 5 days instead of waiting 10 days for the free report. I don't see that option anymore, only an option to by a score report for $80 and that still days it can take 24 hours to get the report. I'm not really trying to wait the extra week to see my score for free and I would be willing to pay to see it earlier. Are we just supposed to contact the jurisdiction where we took the test to find out if we passed?

I definitely found the NPTE to be more challenging than I expected, and walked out of the test without any real idea of whether I passed or failed. The good thing is that it appears the majority of students feel this way when leaving the exam, and the vast majority pass. I took 3 Scorebuilders and 3 O'Sullivan practice exams and met or exceeded the target score on each, so I was a little surprised with how uncomfortable I felt coming out of the exam.

I think the waiting is the hardest part. We are so used to getting instant feedback, especially with all of our practice tests, where we can see our score immediately, and then review each question and see what the answer was and why. Coming home yesterday and trying to remember questions and look up answers was torture haha! Good luck to everyone.

Hi all,
Based on your April experience what books would you recommend to review (not a guide)?
Any other thoughts? Thank You.

It was definitely much harder than the PEAT exams. It got a bit easier towards the end. I also had a rationale for my answers so that helped narrow it down. On a difficulty scale, I'd rate it a 7. Not sure how to feel about it. I did really well on my PEATs, especially the retired NPTE. I hope all they say about scores correlating to the real thing is true this time.
Was it harder than Jan NPTE?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Based on your April experience what books would you recommend to review (not a guide)?
Any other thoughts? Thank You.
I would suggest study by heart "anatomy by snell", Master Anatomy!! Well we already know the basics since we already graduated but trust me This would have to be one of the easiest/ most helpful thing to do :) then keep answering practice/sample questions everyday for like 50-100 questions(progress to ~150-200 questions as the exam date comes near)
For neuro i would have to say O'sullivan or any other neuro book and try to familiarize yourself with each neuro case by comparing them with each other then apply it in clinical setting.
Another advice is also practice rationalizing the incorrect answers for each practice or sample tests that you will answer :)) goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank You. I keep my fingers crossed that you all Passed!!!

Hey again guys, is it true that there is a possibility for the results to be published before the 6th?
I'm anxiously waiting, this is so stressfull.
May God help us.

They say its always 5-6 days. Whenever i think about releasing of the exam result, it gives me a shaky feeling starting with my stomach then i feel very anxious :( i dont want this feeling any more :( lets keep on praying we can do this guys!! Good thing tomorrow is pacuiao and mayweather fight i hope my mind would try to take a rest and stop thinking about npte and instrad enjoy the fight! :) goodluck guys!! 3 more days!!

I really wish the best for all of you.. and I can feel ur anxiety while I read ur comments.. :shrug:

Please friends, I am having a hard time on deciding where to read the Shoulder region- Kisner, Brotzman, Dutton??? :help: are there any particular topics which should be read from any particular book? thanks.

Please friends, I am having a hard time on deciding where to read the Shoulder region- Kisner, Brotzman, Dutton??? :help: are there any particular topics which should be read from any particular book? thanks.
For shoulder, I studied from Kisner and Magee. Didn't use the other books so I'm not sure how they compare.

Hi. I did shoulder from magee, kisner and few parts or can say glance reading from brotzman handbook. Realy helped me clear concepts. Good luck

So when is the result coming ? Everyone is saying diff things.

Probably by 6pm it will start trickling in, till tomorrow for those whose state will allow to view

Hi. I did shoulder from magee, kisner and few parts or can say glance reading from brotzman handbook. Realy helped me clear concepts. Good luck[/QUO
hi, and what about spine and low back ache? thanks for responding. Good luck to you as well.

thanks for the wishes.
Spine I did from kisner , magee and few videos helped me understand. specially Will crane video and help from the friends. watch his video, it will help you clear concepts.

The results will start coming in this evening. I get palpitations just thinking about it but God is in control!

wow thanks I really appreciate it.. and I really really hope the best for you and others who spare their time in answering questions of nervous students like us. :claps:

did anyone get results? heard california state students got their result.

Are you checking the FSBPT website and doing the "status of my request" option to see if your results are up?

yes. I did the same. I applied for Florida and I didn't get it yet.

I passed. Applied from Florida..
It was my first attempt. Nothing is impossible. good luck to everyone, you can do it

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I PASSED TOO. Thank GOD..
I'm so happy. It was my first attempt.
I wish all of you will too

Reactions: 4 users
I PASSED TOO. Thank GOD..
I'm so happy. It was my first attempt.
I wish all of you will too

Where did you take it? And where did you check? Still waiting for my results here in Wisconsin...

Passed!! What a relief. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Results in from AZ...Passed! 1st attempt!

Last edited:
I PASSED!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

So happy for all of you guys who've passed so far! Congrats!

Passed! applied for New York. Thanks be to God!

Congratulations everyone! it's my sincere request to all those who have cleared the exam to please (if possible) share some general tips or anything inspiring that can be helpful (such as the how the actual scores are comparable to the PEAT or therapy ed practice exam). Thanks

Hi guys, just want to share my experience with anyone that might need it. This was my third time taking the exam. First time i scored 599, was so painful. Did even worse the 2nd time around because I thought that since I came so close the first time, I just needed to brush up on a few things. I did only the IER and PT Final exam practice tests. The first exam(Oct 2014 npte) was a bit easy, while the 2nd was HARD. I blame myself either way. After the 2nd exam, I got a message from someone on the forum that did very well on the NPTE and what he told me was very helpful. He advised me to STUDY WIDE, NOT DEEP. Also, don't joke with your practice tests. Get as many as you can afford. I adopted a system for studying which I hope will be helpful for people hoping to take the NPTE. I first went through the O'sullivan review guide, then took a practice test. During the test, I made note of any question that I had difficulty with or that I spent more than 1 minute answering. After the test, I would go through those questions, reading up on the topics in various textbooks and watching videos where applicable. I did this for 10 practice tests. Scored 77%, 78% & 74.5% for the O'Sullivan tests, 77.5%, 78.5% & 73% for the scorebuilders, 75% for the practice PEAT and 86% for the retired NPTE PEAT exam. I think the PEAT really boosted my confidence. I hope this information is helpful in some way.

Reactions: 3 users