April 2004 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When are we supposed to get our results? I can't find it on the AAMC website. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

All it says when you log onto THx, is " in June." If I remember my friend's experience correctly (she went through this last year), they don't announce a date, just hafta keep checking. Anybody? :confused:

although i already posted that someone told me june 7 is the online release date, i hear from others that the mail-date is ~60 days and the online date is ~4-5 days sooner.

Hope the release date is early rather than later. I have started AMCAS and TDMAS on-line application. I already narrow down to 15 schools (maybe a couple of more depends on score). It is a lot of works. Still I feel the process is useless until I see april score.

Members don't see this ad :)
jxu66 said:
Hope the release date is early rather than later. I have started AMCAS and TDMAS on-line application. I already narrow down to 15 schools (maybe a couple of more depends on score). It is a lot of works. Still I feel the process is useless until I see april score.

I suppose this is a dumb question, but what is TDMAS??

UNTlabrat said:
they don't announce a date, just hafta keep checking. Anybody? :confused:

For August, they did end up posting an "on or around" date in late september. Then, the ended up posting them online the evening before. I think they were mailed out around that date, so the paper stuff came after that.

As the date approaches, one of us neurotics will see it posted on the aamc's mcat start page, and then we will inevitable post it here with a countdown, so keep watching. Also, bear in mind that it is not beyond the aamc to post the scores outside regular working hours. I am on mountain time and from what I can recall they were posted somewhere around 7 pm.

Cheers,

Treg

On My Way There,

TMDSAS: Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service. In short, AMCAS for the Lone Star State

If you base it on last April's release date, then June 7th should be the date.

How exactly do we view our scores? Do we need to register with the "THX" or whatever its called? What do you information do you need to see your score?

Thanks.

Does anyone know the reason it takes so long? Does it have to do with establishing the curve and calculations like that? Or is it to grade the essays by hand? Is the curve established before or after the exam is administered? Is there a chance they are just sitting on the scores?

willthatsall said:
Does anyone know the reason it takes so long? Does it have to do with establishing the curve and calculations like that? Or is it to grade the essays by hand? Is the curve established before or after the exam is administered? Is there a chance they are just sitting on the scores?

Someone posted an email they had with someone from AAMC earlier and the woman explained that the multiple choice sections take just as long to mark as the essays. I do not understand how that can be but I guess making the curve and ensuring everyone's marks are accurate is what takes so long.

mdsadler said:
I guess making the curve and ensuring everyone's marks are accurate is what takes so long.

They don't check the marks unless you write them and send them I think $50 ... but I do recall the MCATstaff on the MCAT discussions on aamc.org saying they take just as long as the Essays... hmmm.

there is a lot of statistics behind the scoring... its not like they have a score correlation chart already made up. thats what takes so long.

Anyhoo, if its like last August's exams, they'll post a date like June 14th. Usually the scores will be available the evening before and after that date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I vote June 15 is the official release date based on last year's release date. Last year they took MCAT on April 26, get score back on June 24. Some students claim they got scores 9pm on June 23 last year.

I feel like that we are playing "The price is right" game. :D

pbehzad said:
How exactly do we view our scores? Do we need to register with the "THX" or whatever its called? What do you information do you need to see your score?

Thanks.

Yes, you register with the web site. The same login works for thx, amcas, etc.

jxu66 said:
I vote June 15 is the official release date based on last year's release date. Last year they took MCAT on April 26, get score back on June 24. Some students claim they got scores 9pm on June 23 last year.

I feel like that we are playing "The price is right" game. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we got our scores back on June 9th last year, and that's why I'm thinking that June 7th is probably the release date.

frank51, I hope you are right. I am already restless about the scoring. However, from last year's SDN thread, people start posting their results on June 23. I may be wrong since I didn't take myself. Maybe somebody who took last year can clarify that.

these are the message boards which make me detest pre-meds... chill. its a stinkin test.

I won't submit AMCAS application until I see my scores. It would be pointless to spend so much money ($350 for seven schools I like) if my scoring is not great. However, I have started completing AMCAS, TMDAS (Texas version of AMCAS), maybe even start completing AACOM (DO program) application just in case. Those applications seem to take quite a few hours (maybe days) of my time to complete.

I'm applying through TMDSAS, and if I don't like my score, I'll just retake it in Augest.

To view your results go to www.aamc.org, mcat, then mcat scores. You may have to register a username and create a password, but then you can check the thx at anytime from then on.