*** April 07 Mcat Club ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

.surgical.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since its the next big test date (outside that weird January date)....

Join the list for those taking the April 2007 MCAT!!!

April 07 Club
.surgical.

Members don't see this ad.

Online registration for each testing date will open six months prior to the testing date. Thomson Prometric will reserve seats for MCAT examinees until 60 days before each testing date. After this, the seats will be released to people who wish to register for other tests. However, students will still be able to register for the MCAT exam up until two weeks before a chosen testing date. Through online registration and scheduling, it will be possible to change testing dates.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/cbt.htm

Guess its been awhile.....

THE OFFICIAL SDN APRIL 07 MCAT CLUB
.surgical.
dr. kicia
League54
Metastasis
BeatrixKiddo
gradu8in2003
Dr.Acula
megboo
KnuxNole
ParvatiP
TWP
dIvErDoC
dr. no2007
bigserve99
phoenix1
maiden
Summer Sweet
Jonassen
ORBeaver
Redchord
tishamingo
playmakur42
megan11864
r_mojo1
nomemory
noway

Members don't see this ad :)
With my personality, its amazing im not a chain smoker. Seriously, if I have a paper or a test coming up, im completly on edge... AND im a coffee drinker which makes it worse. Im on edge right now actually, 2 papers due, one is a formal research.... AHHHH

Im contemplating completely getting rid of my TV for the spring.

I wonder how this would actually effect my score. I couldn't get away with living without my comp...maybe ill just cancel cable.

Im contemplating completely getting rid of my TV for the spring.

I wonder how this would actually effect my score. I couldn't get away with living without my comp...maybe ill just cancel cable.

i think the best would be just to start to live in symbiosis with your TV...otherwise you will be looking at next 4...ha...even maybe as much as 11 years of cable savings :laugh:
Studying for MCAT is nothing compering to th real deal...
END to procrastinating!!! LOL...easier said then done :D

I guess thats true...

no more over-dramatizing the difficulty of the MCAT.

its actually a cakewalk

Well I guess I'm part of the group also. I'm a traditional student, into my Junior year and planning on taking the April Mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what are you guys' feelings on the new format? Glad its shorter and on a computer or worried? (Sorry if this has already been brought up - I skimmed and didn't see anything about it)

So what are you guys' feelings on the new format? Glad its shorter and on a computer or worried? (Sorry if this has already been brought up - I skimmed and didn't see anything about it)

You have a 33Q - you're not taking it again, are you?!

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm actually kinda glad it's on the computer now. Most of my work/homework is done on the computer, and I've been using that so much more than writing over the past few years. The shorter test time is definitely a bonus. Some are concerned that you don't have as much leeway to miss as many questions, but I imagine that the scaled scores will reflect that issue.

The biggest bonus is faster score reporting so you know if you need to take it again.

You have a 33Q - you're not taking it again, are you?!

Haha OH GOD NO! Hell, if I'd gotten a 10J I wasn't going to do it again.

I teach the Bio section for PR though and I would like some peoples responses and feelings before I get to class next month with a bunch of freaked out students.

Mostly I've heard people worried that they cut all the easy questions which leaves less leeway - like you said.

And some people worried about scrolling up and down on the comp to get back to questions etc.

At least people won't be surrounded by a bunch of other freaking out MCATers - and even if there are others in the room with you - you probably won't end up with breaks at the same times.

Hi all, i'm relatively new...

I have a master's in Psych, & have started taking basic sci prereqs this fall. I was originally planning to take all my classes, & then the MCATs spring 2008, but i came up with crazy & untested plan to take MCATs THIS spring. At best, the only classes i will have taken are CHEM I & II, OCHEM I, BIO I & II (and some electives like anatomy, etc.). I am planning on taking physics this summer (after MCATs, but to fulfill prereq), but thought i could do a little independent learning & do it on my own...

so i'm joining this group in an attempt to keep the motivation going & just as a reality check. Let's see how it goes!!!!

~ clsr2nrvna

i gotta say im genuinely happy about the switch to CBT, assuming it will still be the same material and all, it shouldn't effect us in any way other than the positives.

Wont the curves be the same for the CBT? I am hoping there going to 'objective' about it, so they dont look bad for switching. Either way, im sure the avg will be in the same ranges as past testing

Wont the curves be the same for the CBT? I am hoping there going to 'objective' about it, so they dont look bad for switching. Either way, im sure the avg will be in the same ranges as past testing

It should be.

Hi all, i'm relatively new...

I have a master's in Psych, & have started taking basic sci prereqs this fall. I was originally planning to take all my classes, & then the MCATs spring 2008, but i came up with crazy & untested plan to take MCATs THIS spring. At best, the only classes i will have taken are CHEM I & II, OCHEM I, BIO I & II (and some electives like anatomy, etc.). I am planning on taking physics this summer (after MCATs, but to fulfill prereq), but thought i could do a little independent learning & do it on my own...

so i'm joining this group in an attempt to keep the motivation going & just as a reality check. Let's see how it goes!!!!

~ clsr2nrvna

well...you can teach yourself bio and even anatomy but ochem II is going to be hard...and this is the ochem that IS tested on the mcat...but maybe you could wait till the later test date(agust?) and just take orgo II over summer before the mcat.

Or they could gamble. Because they might only get 3 questions on it... lol... Im reviewing Physics ( my weakest) and O chem II (second weakest) Overall I am hoping my spring schedual will give for a good Chem II review (quant. analysis) and micro and biochem for the BS section. On top of Kaplan tues/thurs. I better at least get a 25

The doing O-Chem independent thing is totally based on how good you are at organic. A majority of people have a natural affinity against that subject matter around here, but I happened to like it and didn't find it all that difficult (some of that physiology/cell bio stuff blew me up).

Organic II is mostly carbonyl chemistry, alpha-carbon chemistry, redox reactions, and then general info on carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, etc.

I think that the necessary info on the above stuff, plus spectroscopy, could be done with a good MCAT prep book (...say, the EK orgo book)...that is, if an actual class can't be taken by April.

Or they could gamble. Because they might only get 3 questions on it... lol... Im reviewing Physics ( my weakest) and O chem II (second weakest) Overall I am hoping my spring schedual will give for a good Chem II review (quant. analysis) and micro and biochem for the BS section. On top of Kaplan tues/thurs. I better at least get a 25

I think the very fact that we are posting on this board now in september and thinking about it means we are all hoping for at LEAST a 30

...besides, like I said earlier, were all too dramatic. This exam is cake compared to med school and the USMLE

I think the very fact that we are posting on this board now in september and thinking about it means we are all hoping for at LEAST a 30

...besides, like I said earlier, were all too dramatic. This exam is cake compared to med school and the USMLE

I dunno I've talked to several doctors (now granted they went to med school 5-15 years ago but still) that said that the MCAT was the WORST exam they EVER had to take because its so dependent on knowing what the hell the exam writers are looking for. The USMLE and med school exams are much more straight forward - or so I've been told.

Not trying to freak anyone out - its a good thing. Its all downhill from here....?

I dunno I've talked to several doctors (now granted they went to med school 5-15 years ago but still) that said that the MCAT was the WORST exam they EVER had to take because its so dependent on knowing what the hell the exam writers are looking for. The USMLE and med school exams are much more straight forward - or so I've been told.

Not trying to freak anyone out - its a good thing. Its all downhill from here....?

i think we should all be happy we do not have to take entrance exams in Poland (for those interested in more info on this topic research my threads at the pre-osteopathic forum)...comparing to Poland i'd say that American addmissions process (MCAT including) is EXTREMLY fair and easy.

Well its official. Im out 1700 bucks. Enrolled in Kaplan yesterday. Does anybody know if the Diagnostic will reflect the shorter exam?

Well its official. Im out 1700 bucks. Enrolled in Kaplan yesterday. Does anybody know if the Diagnostic will reflect the shorter exam?

Yeah - all the testing services cut down their tests to reflect it. Also - supposedly Kaplan has the computer labs for you guys to take your exams in (although thats just what I've heard, I work for TPR).

Yeah - all the testing services cut down their tests to reflect it. Also - supposedly Kaplan has the computer labs for you guys to take your exams in (although thats just what I've heard, I work for TPR).

Kaplan lady told me they have somehow managed to create an exact replica of the testing enviroment, equipped with the exact temprature, smell, wall color, wall paper, desktop computer brand, even the same font sizes and colors. But then this girl said Kaplan sucks. So it's up to you bruvvah.

Kaplan lady told me they have somehow managed to create an exact replica of the testing enviroment, equipped with the exact temprature, smell, wall color, wall paper, desktop computer brand, even the same font sizes and colors. But then this girl said Kaplan sucks. So it's up to you bruvvah.

That's a crock. No two testing environments are the same. They pick some available room, and give you the test. I've taken it twice, and the two places were very different.

That's a crock. No two testing environments are the same. They pick some available room, and give you the test. I've taken it twice, and the two places were very different.

While she was clearly being facetious, this won't be true anymore because the test is changing. You will now go to a Thomas Prometrics computer testing center where they will check you in and set you up on the computer. Then when you are ready you go. The person on one side of you may be taking their real estate licensing exam while the one on the other side may be taking her beautician's exam. Its going to be a really different environment than what has been on previous paper tests.

If anyone here hasn't signed up for a prep course yet and wants to do Princeton, let me know because I am trying to get rid of a course. Thanks!

Since its the next big test date (outside that weird January date)....

Join the list for those taking the April 2007 MCAT!!!

April 07 Club
.surgical.

Sign me up! I'm shooting for April or May. How much are people studying right now? I'm trying to finish my PhD while studying for the MCAT without losing my mind.

Hey does anyone have the EK 10 week plan in a word format or something?

Peace,
~ BigServe99

I have it...pm me with your email address...or just research forums...there was a link to it somewhere. This is how i got it.

I'm in! I'm taking the May 16th exam. I already have the AO and EK 6th edition books and have started to scan them. I seriously need to settle down and start on a schedule and I am planning on take TPR class. I'm in Nor Cal @ SFSU, anyone else?

Anybody else here fortunate enough that they dont have to study a certain subject for the MCAT? With my courses this semester as well as next. The BS section is taken care of for me. I will only review O Chem stuff for the BS. Really the only thing I have to worry about is doing practice verbal and the PS section. Yeeha

Yeah im taking physics right now and analytical chem in the spring with Physics.

I have a feeling the Physical Sci section will be all stuff that I am currently studying.