General Admissions & OTCAS Applying to OTD Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KLS1226

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am currently applying to Texas OTD programs and to say I am terrified would be an understatement. I would really appreciate if y'all could look at my stats and tell me if you think I will be a competitive applicant. Any advice is welcomed! I appreciate it!

- I currently attend Baylor University (I am a senior)
- I am majoring in Psychology (BS)- but have taken all pre-requisites
- I have a 3.79 GPA (prerequisite GPA is about a 4.0, and last 60 hours is about a 3.9)
- GRE scores: I got a 152 on verbal, 154 on quantitative, and 4.0 on writing
- I have 70 shadowing hours over 3 different locations (I wanted to get at least 150, but COVID caused shadowing to get suspended)
- I am in an honors society for my major, and I hold a leadership position (secretary)
- I am in a sorority
- I have volunteered (a little bit) with Special Olympics and an animal shelter

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Quantitative numbers look solid but OT has been getting traction so I personally would never look at an applicant on numbers alone. Ability to communicate about yourself, what you know of OT, and what you want to do with OT is what will push it over the edge. The bottom 3 bullet points are showing you how you spend your time. You need to articulate why your time was worth investing in those activities and how it shapes the applicant you are now.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say you're very competitive with those stats. Obviously, more hours would have been better but under the current circumstances, that should be taken into consideration. Good luck!