This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedengineer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys I finished my engineering degree here in University of Alberta. Since the Engineering job market is brutal I am looking towards alternatives.

I heard a friend of mines sister is studying optometry in the UK and planning on coming back.

I was curious to know what kind of average high school marks do you require to apply to these UK Optometry Universities (canadian accredited).

And what is the process of coming back to canada and practicing here.

Some things ive heard is that canada only takes in 30% of the people who apply with international degrees like from UK in. Also when you come back to Canada you can write this board exam which you can write only 3 times

ANY EXTRA INFORMATION regarding this process will be grateful

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know a lot about this but I think I read somewhere here that it is really difficult to pass the boards exam when coming back to Canada from the UK. And that being because the UK doesn't teach you everything that you need to know to be a successful optometrist in Canada.

^^ Don't hold me to that statement 100%. I just feel like I have read it somewhere.