Applying to Military GPRs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KurgerBing

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but can someone who has never been enlisted in the military have a chance in getting accepted to military-affiliated GPRs? Or are they only for those that are already enlisted? There are several of those programs around my home area, so I was thinking of applying to them. I want to do OMFS, and I will most likely do a non-cat year after the GPR.

Reason why I want to a GPR over a non-cat internship: Heard that non-cats are hard to come by nowadays due to COVID. I guess it's also the norm now, so it's becoming more competitive to get them. I also heard that most programs are offering these non-cat positions first to those that interviewed but didn't match. I'm most likely not even going to get a single interview due to my poor CBSE score and mediocre class rank lol (didn't know I wanted to do OS until end of second year). Also, the programs that are around my area are not accepting externs due to COVID, and I'm unable to travel far away to do an externship (broke dental student).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

military aegd/gpr are only for active duty dentists

Reactions: 1 user