applying this fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisaab

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The PA career option has just been brought to my attention about 3 days ago and ever since I have been researching everything I can about each program etc. I received a Masters in Health Care Quality Improvement from Dartmouth in 2002 and I'm currently working full time. I had a poor undergrad pre-med gpa of 2.86 and sci gpa of 2.5. Dartmouth had a honors/pass/fail system so there is no official gpa (which stinks cause I graduated with honors). I took the MCAT and did very poorly on that too (just not a good test-taker) and now I see that I will need to take the GRE. The next test is Oct. 26th but the PA apps open up this May. Is it impossible to apply this fall for the entering class of 2004 taking the GRE late, or is this considered "on time?" Do I have a shot due to my Masters and huge amount of volunteer work/clinical experience? And will the late GRE kill my chances too? Any response is of course much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The GRE is offered year round at computer based testing facilities.

there are several programs that do not require the gre or use caspa for admissions. since you already have a masters, why don't you do a cetificate or associate progrtam to save time and money... check out medex in washington for example. good luck...