Applying Really Late!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thDk

Yes, that's my wife!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that I'm applying really late. Anyway, here's my situation. I'm having my pre-professional office forward my transcripts and lor's (five of them) to AADSAS, but should I also forward them to each of the 11 schools that I'm applying to individually? Will this speed things up? Does AADSAS sent out my info before they get the supporting documents or do they wait until my file is "complete"? Any info would be greatly appreciated since I want to get my application to the schools as soon as possible, but I don't want to flood them with extra documents.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you already submitted to AADSAS? If not, you can just send your LOR and transcript there since it takes 6 weeks for them to process your application. If you already submitted to AADSAS >3 weeks ago, personally, I would send the info directly to the schools. From what I've heard, AADSAS will send out your file before receiving your LOR but I am not sure if they will send it out without first processing the transcript. I thought they used the transcipt to verify your grades and accurately compute your GPA. I am uncertain about this so don't take my word on it!! ;)

I sent my AADSAS in as quick as I could w/o the LOR's or the official transcripts. Then the "pre-health" office at my school sent the letters to each school indiviually so I could choose four of the six letters I had. That way since some schools want two sciences profs and a dentist and some want just two science profs and a liberal arts I could mix and match. It also alowed me to rely on AADSAS as little as possible. The transcripts I sent out individually as well, but then AADSAS said they needed it so I sent them there as well. I had heard horror stories of AADSAS losing letters and forgetting transcripts and the applicant not even knowing until it was too late, so I wanted as little to do with AADSAS as possible. Do you sense a motif here? There is one of these horror stories in a thread called LIES! posted by donoAZ in the forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I'll send them out to each school individually as well as AADSAS in order to try to avoid common mistakes and delays. Thanks again for the reassurance!

Does anyone know the addresses that I should send my transcripts and LOR's to for Temple and Case?

2thDk said:
Does anyone know the addresses that I should send my transcripts and LOR's to for Temple and Case?

http://www.adea.org/AADSAS/webdocs/AppInstrBooklet.pdf

Here is a link that will give you all of the addresses you will need. I believe the list starts on page 21. You can find this and other helpful information in the Links of Interest thread at the top of the forum.

well i am planning to send letters to school myself.. but i was wondering can i send them an offical trancript sent to lettering service as well?? reason is just incase stupid aadsas lose it i won't be in trouble.. but i don't want to send 12 schools each a trancript ($5 bucks each)

I know it sucks and is expensive to send schools the transcripts, but it may be worth the extra money for the time you will save. If you send them in now, it may be 6-8 weeks before they make it to dental schools. Send one to AADSAS just in case one doesn't make it to the schools.

I've just filled out all the forms to have all five of my Undergrad/Grad schools send out transcripts and lor's to all 12 of the school's and AADSAS (one of the schools charge $5 each, so a total of $65). It sucks, but because I waited so late I can't afford to waste time.