Applying out of State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

si3ntli8t

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
i am applying to the 2012 cycle and i am a texas resident thus I have applied to some texas schools--although i am so very interested to get out of state for the next 4 years the duration of my pharmacy ed. for personal reasons. But i know that its is more favorable to apply in state b/c out of state schools take a very small number of out of state applicant ussually 10% is there any schools that actually favor out of state and its not a private school (due to tuiton purposes)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied to five schools all out of state. I would love the life experience to live in a different state since I have lived in the same small town my whole life. Even with the out-of-state fees, the schools I have applied to are all less or equal to any school I could have applied to in California. I applied to schools in Arizona, Texas, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania

The Issue is that the chances of admission is alot less/ and the cost of tuition alot more.

If you notice that, the central time zone states accept fewer out-of-state students. So, apply West or East coast states. Good luck!!!