Applying later rather than sooner? Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnms

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice. I'm planning on applying to psychiatry. I have most parts of my ERAS app done, but am waiting on my Step 2 scores to come back before I send it all in. The reason is that I wanted the programs to see both Step 1 and 2 before decided if they were going to give me an interview bc of a poor step 1 performance.

I took Step 2 a week ago and expect scores back by middle of October which is when I would send everything in. Question is: is there a disadvantage to sending the application in this late? How big of a deal is it?? I know many have already sent them in and are already receing invites to interview?

Thaks all
:confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably send your CAF, letters of rec, and PS in now. The sooner you're on the register, the sooner programs will start looking at your app. Also, when you release your USMLE scores, you can select to have them re-released when the file is updated, so they will get your step 2 scores when they are available.

best of luck!