Applying late- any schools recommended??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palmerbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just finishing my applications for submission this cycle, in mid-October. I was wondering if anybody knew of any schools that don't have rolling admissions or schools that just dont have a reputation of being put off by late applicants? I don't really want to spend a lot of money applying to schools that wont accept me at this point. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

At this point if you really want to get into a med school for class of 2011, I would apply to any school that you would really consider going to. I think a lot of people apply everywhere and then realize that they didn't want to be there (before getting the interview). That's what really hurts your wallet. Being so late in the application cycle, I would just apply anywhere that you think you would be able to go. I would most likely apply anywhere if I was that late, which most people do. Unless you have family or a significant other that would keep you at your current location apply wisely.

Good luck!

P.S The application cycle is costly no matter what (obviously not for those that are blessed with well endowed relatives) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
"well endowed relatives?" What a strange thing to say!
hahah i read that the same way too. dirty minds!

drlizzie, your point is a good one, but as a reapp as well, i feel that beggars can't be choosers. to the OP, i'd say that you should apply anywhere that fits into your criteria, whether it be lenient with lower GPAs or MCATs. sure put in a few dream schools or schools you really want to go to, but applying to schools that will take you is important too.

hahah i read that the same way too. dirty minds!

drlizzie, your point is a good one, but as a reapp as well, i feel that beggars can't be choosers. to the OP, i'd say that you should apply anywhere that fits into your criteria, whether it be lenient with lower GPAs or MCATs. sure put in a few dream schools or schools you really want to go to, but applying to schools that will take you is important too.

Of course that's what you meant - I'm just giving you a hard time!

Hahahahahahaha....I know.........it was for those with a dirty mind that the clarification had to be made ;)

Yourmom25: I agree......this late in the game....you just have to send in ANY applications, but there have been a lot of threads with people that sent in applications to schools that they knew BEFOREHAND that they wouldn't want to be in and then ask's for advice whether they should quit school and reapply. If I was in that situation, I would be happy in whatever med school that accepted me, but again make sure that you actually can see yourself being in that school/state instead of applying and then wanting to reapply.