applying in indian med skools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wut2do

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
I m lookin to apply 2 overseas med skools, and being indian my parents want me 2 go 2 india if decide to leave the country. I m not quite sure if that is my best option, I tried searchin for websites of indian med skools, but a lotta them didnt work. I was wondering what exactly does the indian system look for, how much studyin will have 2 do when i do return bac 2 canada, wut bout social life ( though not the most important thing, it mite bring me down). I was born there but i left when i was lil so i really dunno much bout thelife there. Any info would b appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

wut2do, I'm in Canada and I even know that I won't be able to come back here if I went back to India. There are some threads right here on this first page of the India forum (check out the truth about srmc page).

Indian schools will most likely get you a spot in the US, or if your parents are bent on it, you can stay there and practise.

Members don't see this ad :)
so there is no chance on coming 2 canada again? is this a stupid idea?

I have a link for you (and all of us Canadians applying to international med schools) that you should read:

http://p084.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm22.showMessage?topicID=171.topic

Coming back to Canada is extremely difficult as the number of spots for FMGs is very low. Going to Ireland however, does put you in an advantage because you get placed in the first round of CARMS (somebody correct me if I am wrong on this). I have two friends at RCSI right now (one entered the 6 year program, the other the 5 year), and they are enjoying themsleves over there. I've applied and am still waiting to hear back from them. RCSI does allow you to do your rotations in Newfoundland or PEI.

I have classmates from India who matched (or the Canadian equivalent of that) in FP in Canada. So it can be done. Most Canadians at my school are now doing residency here in the US.