Applying for initial license without residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Blooded

Reaction score
Hello-

I have a serious dilemma. I have finally, yes finally passed Step 3, lost my residency.... I feel like I'll hear crickets if I ask, has anyone experienced this. But considering I believe I'm in a safe space, I'll ask- has ANYONE experienced this??? I'm in complete limbo. Can I apply for a license? I haven't practiced in 2 years and due to Covid- no one was taking volunteers to continue clinical practice. So what am I to do with 2 years of residency, a passed Step 3, no job, no immediate clinical experience and a half a million in the hole. I truly apologize for the depressing tone but...you know what it is...... Has anyone applied for an initial full license while not currently in residency or without the 2 years of immediate clinical experience most states require? Please share your outcome.

Thank you for any advice.

-Cold Blooded.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why didn't you immediately apply for licensure after losing residency to avoid this issue of not having practiced recently? Just curious. Answer might make a difference for your situation.

Why didn't you immediately apply for licensure after losing residency to avoid this issue of not having practiced recently? Just curious. Answer might make a difference for your situation.
I couldn't apply without passing Step 3. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.