Applying for a masters with no Bachelors degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

<3Ivy<3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
iI applied to Purdue vet school and got in without a Bachelors degree. After I graduate vet school, I want to apply to a masters program. Will they overlook the fact that I dont have a bachelors degree but I have a DVM?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably? It seems silly that they would care, but sometimes academia is weird. When I "applied" as part of my residency, they waived all undergrad and gre requirements, but we had also all been accepted to rigorous residency programs, so who knows if they would have otherwise cared.

iI applied to Purdue vet school and got in without a Bachelors degree. After I graduate vet school, I want to apply to a masters program. Will they overlook the fact that I dont have a bachelors degree but I have a DVM?
As long as you finish DVM before masters, you should be fine. I had same issue applying for PhD without bachelors, but since i'll finish dvm before phd, it was allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably? It seems silly that they would care, but sometimes academia is weird.
Yes, sometimes if you don't fit the boxes, their immediate response is "no", but if you speak to them in person and explain it, you could probably get waived. But, then again, maybe no.

Yes, sometimes if you don't fit the boxes, their immediate response is "no", but if you speak to them in person and explain it, you could probably get waived. But, then again, maybe no.
I'm sure for most places it wouldnt be a big deal even if you had to go through the hoop of explaining, but given the hundreds of institutions out there, theres probably a couple who would turn you down. idk. i'd be sure to ask places before you spend any money on applications and fees.

Ok thanks guys! I just figured no one would really care too much. Its not like vet school asked to see my high school diploma before I got accepted. I just figured that would look at the most recent and highest degree I obtained!