Applying for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscles00GT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying for 2010 DPT programs? I'm taking the GRE mid July and hopefully getting things prepared to start applying soon after.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else applying for 2010 DPT programs? I'm taking the GRE mid July and hopefully getting things prepared to start applying soon after.

Yea I will be applying for next year. But I am applying to the Army-Baylor program. I was in the Army before so I am trying to get back in. I will be taking the GRE in Mid July. Good luck

Last edited:
I'm applying. I'm retaking the GRE in August. Where are you applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying and taking the GRE in August. Working hard but not really expecting to get accepted this time around. Still hoping though. Feel like I need to make my stats a little better. Hope you're in a bit of a better position than myself.

Where are you thinking of applying? My main schools of focus so far are CUNY Hunter, SUNY Downstate, and New York Medical College. A few others but those are the main ones at the moment.

I'm applying to a bunch of Philly area schools. My top school is Temple. I want to be in the city. I'll probably apply to 5-7 schools. I graduate in December. My stats are a little shaky, so I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen...I can only hope for the best. Where do you guys stand as far as the application process is concerned? I started filling out PTCAS, but didn't get very far. I figured I would just get my GRE out of the way then start applying right after.

I'm currently taking Gen Physics 1 and Financial Accounting during the first summer session. So I'm getting these out of the way first; hopefully and looking like both will be with A's. Then I'm gonna start preping for the GRE hardcore. I'm going to try to get a personal advisement session at Hunter, my #1 choice to see if there is anything more I can do to help my chances or at least find out how my application currently looks. I also need to get my personal statement done this summer, which I am currently dreading doing. Probably start my apps once I take the GRE.

Along with working 30-40 hours a week this will be a very busy summer.

I'm currently taking Gen Physics 1 and Financial Accounting during the first summer session. So I'm getting these out of the way first; hopefully and looking like both will be with A's. Then I'm gonna start preping for the GRE hardcore. I'm going to try to get a personal advisement session at Hunter, my #1 choice to see if there is anything more I can do to help my chances or at least find out how my application currently looks. I also need to get my personal statement done this summer, which I am currently dreading doing. Probably start my apps once I take the GRE.

Along with working 30-40 hours a week this will be a very busy summer.

I hear ya on that one. I'm working a ton of hours weekly and I still haven't shadowed a PT. Once I'm finished with the GRE, I'll try to talk to a few PT's and maybe shadow them for a few hours just to get my letters of recommendation.

I'm also applying this fall for 2010. I took the GRE in June to get it out of the way and it went much better than i expected, so I'm glad that's over with. Still waiting on my analytical writing score to come in the mail so I know I am set.

Now i guess its just time to crank out a personal statement and finish my observation hours. Is everyone ready to apply? I feel like it has come so quickly and I wish my stats were better. But it is what it is. Anyone applied in previous cycles?

I'm applying for Fall 2010 also... I applied last year only to one school (a private DPT program) and want to re-apply to the CSU's to save $$$... Anyone have any tips on getting into CSU's (esp. Northridge)???

PTCAS went live today...anyone else finding it super annoying entering every class by hand? And to add to the fun, my undergrad school didn't use semester or quarter hours, just credits (as in each class = 1.00 credits), so I have no idea how to convert that into their language. I emailed both PTCAS and my school for suggestions.

And I wanted to list my job as a PT aide in work experience, but I can only put it under PT observation...how am I supposed to know how many hours I've worked over the course of the last year? All I know is it's a lot.

Only day 1 and already I'm frustrated. I hate PTCAS (for the moment, anyway)

Applying here too! Yes, entering all the courses one-by-one was frustrating. While it was frustrating, I think we'll be thanking our lucky stars soon; assuming we're applying to multiple schools, that is! I have to email PTCAS too. Does my paid GTF & Research Fellowship count as "work" or an "honor"? Pulling my hair out on that one!

Best of luck to you all applying for 2010! :luck: I'm worried now. My grades in the last year are really, really solid, but my previous undergrad isn't as high as I'd like it to be. NYC area schools are so competitive, I just hope I make it in (and can afford it)!! Now for applying and finishing everything up... :eek:

I am applying to schools in the Chicago area and really hoping to get into Northwestern or UIC. Took GRE July 31st and waiting on writing part in mail....have application ALL done except one referrence (need to ask PT I'm shadowing now, but, man, do I hate asking for those!!! Any advice on doing so?)

i'm applying too right now to mostly the schools in california. how far are you guys along in the application process?

Hey guys I am applying for the 2010 program as well, I see a lot of you are applying to NY schools, like me. I was just wondering to see peoples stats, because mine are not that great. Have a GPA of 3.2, and pre-req, is a bit lower, but I am not done with my pre-req yet. I know that minimum GPA is 3.0, but let's face it, Hunter will not accept anyone with this average. Anyways looking forward to see those stats.