Applying AOA peds but haven't gotten any interviews yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PediatricMan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried or is it too early? I still have one LOR that needs to be submitted but I submitted my ERAS application the day it opened.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Should I be worried or is it too early? I still have one LOR that needs to be submitted but I submitted my ERAS application the day it opened.

I haven't heard anything either, so I think it's too early?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I applied on opening day with all of my LoR's and scores reported and haven't heard back yet either...I will post here if/when I get an interview if y'all would be so kind to do the same!

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite for OMECO/OSUMC in Tulsa on 8/21/17. First one I have heard back from.

Reactions: 1 user
I also received an invite from OSUMC/OMECO - no word from any other programs yet. I believe mine also came around 21 August.

It's still very early in the process. I didn't receive the bulk of my interviews until mid-late September and early October. Every specialty operates on different timelines so comparing yourself to your peers going into other fields isn't a good idea. You will all be fine.

Last edited:
And I guess I'll be the 4th person for an interview at OSU that came out on August 21st.

For those that got the interviews at OSU did you all do auditions? It's high up on my list

Got an interview invite earlier today from Detroit Wayne County Health Authority. If someone could kindly post when they hear back from Maimonides Medical Center, I would really appreciate it!

Also heard from Detroit today. Nothing from Maimonides yet.

Still nothing from Maimonides. But I got invites from PBCGME/Palms West Hospital & Good Samaritan Hospital yesterday (9/18).

Is it way too late to apply for DO peds? I know the application opened up in July, but didn't know if an application would be worth it at this point.