Apply to Penn State Health St. Joseph GPR, Reading, PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m a preceptor/attending at St. Joseph GPR in Reading, PA. I didn’t know about this program when I applied to GPRs a while back(seems like forever). I wanted to bring to your attention that our program offers an all around great experience.

# of Residents:
4 - tight knit program

# of Attendings:
5 - we are all pretty accessible and easy going, and experienced. Residents have our phone numbers and can contact us with ease.

Call Schedule:
4 residents, each takes one week call at a time. Very rare to have to go in, mostly call from home.

PTO
15 days for vacation, sickness, etc

CE
Additional 5 days for CE, and up to 1k reimbursed

Implants:
Guaranteed to place at least 2, but every resident in recent history has placed more. Restore even more implants.

Other:
-We have an Endo microscope as well
-Every resident gets his/her own assistant
-2 hygienists full time on staff, each resident gets a day where he/she will do all the exams for a given hygienist
-opportunity to work as independently as you like or in collaboration with your attending. One attending for 4 residents each day
-program overall is pretty laid back. Regular daily hours are 8-4, hour for lunch 12-1.
-Cost of Living is pretty low, and your 60k or so can go quite far. About an hour(maybe a little less) from Philly, so you can go there and have a good time with the money you save 😂
-in the past we were not fully staffed with attendings, now we are. My understanding is that many of the older attendings retired/quit during/post Covid.
-PM me if you want more information. We are still reviewing applications and I’m always happy to chat!

Members don't see this ad.