application/secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied in early June and I'm scheduled to take the DAT sometime in the middle of August. I already received my information from AASDSAS and I assume I will start receiving secondary information from the individual schools in the next week or so. Here is my question... Should I submit all secondaries BEFORE I take my DAT or should I wait for the DAT and then submit application information afterwards? Thanks for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat you are, taking the DAT in late Aug. I plan to get the secondaries back to the schools as soon as I am able, currently working on 3 secondaries. The admissions departments that I have talked to recommended getting them back to the schools as soon as possible, and definately before you take your DAT so that your application is already complete, minus your DAT score, before you go to take your DAT. Once your DAT is finsihed and get the schools your DAT scores your application is done.

If you wait until after you take your DAT to submit your secondaries and it turns out that the school needs clarification / more info or whatever, it will further delay your application from being complete. One of the admissions personel I spoke with informed me at their school that until your application is complete that your application will not be reviewed for interview invites and such. Better to get your secondaries in now and get any additional information to them if needed and only have them waiting on your DAT scores. Hope that helps.