Application Procedure for International Students (Philippines)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

autumnsoliloquy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of applying for Ateneo, UP and UST med school for the next semester. Actually I applied to Germany but if that doesn't work out, it's back to my homeland for me. I checked the websites for relevant details already, but the info isn't enough, the websites haven't been updated recently, and no one has replied to my emails yet.

I am Filipino nationality but I hold a Singapore-Cambridge 'A' level cert. Do I still have to take NMAT or any uni entrance exam? I also took SATI before but I would much rather use my more favourable 'A' levels. Can anyone please give me some info on the application procedure?

I'd also like to know what the career prospects nowadays for the Filipino doctor are like. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of applying for Ateneo, UP and UST med school for the next semester. Actually I applied to Germany but if that doesn't work out, it's back to my homeland for me. I checked the websites for relevant details already, but the info isn't enough, the websites haven't been updated recently, and no one has replied to my emails yet.
Do I still have to take NMAT or any uni entrance exam? I also took SATI before but I would much rather use my more favourable 'A' levels. Can anyone please give me some info on the application procedure?

I'd also like to know what the career prospects nowadays for the Filipino doctor are like. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Everyone has to take the NMAT. No exceptions.

And you need an undergraduate degree.

If they are not answering e-mails, then start calling on the phone.

Don't you have any reliable relatives in Manila? Ask them to go in and get the list of requirements for the schools that interest you. Different schools have different requirements.

Read all my old posts and the related forums. Do your reading before asking any more questions. Then post specific questions.

There are lots of sick people in the Philippines, so career prospects for Filipino doctors are good.

Hey guys,

I am Filipino nationality but I hold a Singapore-Cambridge 'A' level cert. Do I still have to take NMAT or any uni entrance exam? I also took SATI before but I would much rather use my more favourable 'A' levels. Can anyone please give me some info on the application procedure?

No Filipinos go to med school after high school unless you are in the INTARMED program in UP. All med schools there require a Bachelor's degree and NMAT. Few schools reply by email (imagine that!) you have to call them by phone. Practicing as a doctor there is now a vocation like priesthood as the pay is very low for the amount of education you receive and most students there go for a Nursing degree to get out of the country.