Applicants for the 2008 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanted to start a thread to see which sdn'ers are going to be applying to uro for the 2008 match. HOLLA!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be in the 2008 match... and hopefully in the 2008 PGY1 uro group after:).

I'll also be doing an away there at KUMC starting on 7/30. Any chance you'll be doing Uro at that point there? Any pointers?

Members don't see this ad :)
hope things are going well for everyone and also hope to meet you all during the interview process. best of luck :horns:

what up to my fellow bretheren:

i hope the trail went well for all of you. it was definitely an exhausting and whirlwind experience that was truly a lot of fun, but now i'm glad to be planted back at home. lets just say me and my wallet are in need of some serious recovery. anyways i wish you all a happy holiday and hopefully quick and painless month until Jan 21st. lets keep in touch

~felipe

what up to my fellow bretheren:

i hope the trail went well for all of you. it was definitely an exhausting and whirlwind experience that was truly a lot of fun, but now i'm glad to be planted back at home. lets just say me and my wallet are in need of some serious recovery. anyways i wish you all a happy holiday and hopefully quick and painless month until Jan 21st. lets keep in touch

~felipe

What up felipe. Glad that part is over with. Two months of aways... two months for interviews. It seems I've missed 4 of the first six months of our munchkins life. And, like you, my wallet has taken a serious beating.

Hope things are good in KCK. I talked to Cathy about coming back out to visit you guys (read - beg for a spot), but it looks like it isn't going to work out and doesn't make much sense since I was there for a month.

I ran into your classmate in Minneapolis, but was surprised not to get to harass you at any of these. Guess you were travelling in different circles.

Good luck to both of you in the match! See you around.

I will be one of three residents entering the duke urology program. i matched via an Army DoD-Va position. I am really excited to get this process over with and i hope the best for all those awaiting their January decision. good luck.

BTW Thomas Jefferson is an excellent program, and underrated.

Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but I was interested in knowing if anyone is applying to any DO friendly programs, or any DO programs for that matter? It's tough to find information on them through the uromatch website.

Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but I was interested in knowing if anyone is applying to any DO friendly programs, or any DO programs for that matter? It's tough to find information on them through the uromatch website.

theres a DO uro thread on this same page man, check it out and good luck

ps have you guys turned in your rank lists yet? the details of my top 5 are still kinda up in the air so i''m still puttin' some thoughts into this whole crazy process

I haven't turned mine in yet. I really find it weird to shift from - "I'll go anywhere" mode to - where do I really want to be. I would be happy at any of the places I interviewed.

The best I've got so far is a handful of schools at the top of the list, without any solid order between them. A handful of schools at the bottom of the list. And a big group in the middle that I really have no idea how to rank.

My wife and I are going to try to go through it all in the next day or two to try to finalize, but, ultimately I think it will be pretty random.