APMLE Part 1 2021 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess I'll be the person to say it from Azpod. We had a 91%.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess none of the schools will be posting pass rates until after retakes?

Does anyone have any incite on the difficulty level of the retake in October? Is it a lower scale to pass?

Does anyone have any incite on the difficulty level of the retake in October? Is it a lower scale to pass?
I remember it being said that it has around the same pass rate as the July exam. Don't believe anyone has any real knowledge of how its graded unfortunately, I'd just say fix what was broken on your exam report

Barry had 74% pass rate! I believe 63 students took it

Reactions: 1 user
I've been told CSPM is below the national average this year (i think the national average was 78). I'll confirm once I know how low answer it is. CSPM has had crappy board scores for the past few years and now its accreditation could be at risk. CSPM will have two years to fix its board scores or it will lose its accreditation completely. CSPM has good things about it and I know boards are really student dependent BUT if I were looking at going to cspm right now, I would urge you to go to any other school and run for the hills.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been told CSPM is below the national average this year (i think the national average was 78). I'll confirm once I know how low answer it is. CSPM has had crappy board scores for the past few years and now its accreditation could be at risk. CSPM will have two years to fix its board scores or it will lose its accreditation completely. CSPM has good things about it and I know boards are really student dependent BUT if I were looking at going to cspm right now, I would urge you to go to any other school and run for the hills.
Interesting/different. CSPM people must all stay in California because I've met literally one CSPM in all my time/travels. They are like the kid in your class you see at graduation and have no idea who they are. I visited a program that was notorious for pimping and a kid from CSPM was there. He got asked a question about baxter's nerve impingement and his answer was so weird and long that the attendings/residents all just looked around, said nothing, and then moved onto the next question. I found myself thinking "do they teach something different in California?" Anyway, if it gets canned we'll still have the south Texas podiatry cancer to take their spots.

Reactions: 1 users
……. cspm 65.9% ……..
Holy S&[email protected]'s not a hard test at all, regardless of how "bad" the teachers are. When I hear students tell me how difficult these joke APMLE exams are, I side-eye them because it's nothing compared to USMLE. I blame the school for poor selection choices of students who don't have the work ethic.

Reactions: 1 users
Holy S&[email protected]'s not a hard test at all, regardless of how "bad" the teachers are. When I hear students tell me how difficult these joke APMLE exams are, I side-eye them because it's nothing compared to USMLE. I blame the school for poor selection choices of students who don't have the work ethic.
Usually the pass rates have been high for the past few years except for this year. Even my school had a poor pass rate when they have been consistently in the 90s. I wouldn’t blame poor work ethic and maybe think something was wrong with the exam overall this time? I know people who got a much easier exam compared to others. I know top people who failed. And no it’s not because of cheating or some other BS because my school had proctoring. I studied for 8 hours a day and was doing well on practice tests so I don’t appreciate you saying that people who failed have poor work ethic. There was a LOT of discrepancy between exams this year.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone. I'm not sure what went on with this year's boards -- but does anyone have an idea as to why multiple schools have significantly more students that have failed the first part? With no curriculum changes (I assume) and most schools not having mandatory attendance anyway, why did so many more students fail this year?

Being online for most of year 2 should be a big factor. Many schools also had students take the exams from their homes, sometimes not-proctored.
Then there are those that didn't study as much as they should have and those that did study but failed by a point or two due to the messed grading/scale system of part 1.

However, I'm sure the majority will pass it in October.