APhA Midyear Regional Meeting- should I go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KansasPharmGirl

pharmgirl
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to pursue a pharmacy residency, and the APhA MRM is in Kansas City, which is close by. I'm a P3 student, and I'm planning on attending ASHP midyear next year. Is the APhA MRM worthwhile for P3 students? Also, I'm hoping to do a residency in Colorado, and CO representatives will not be there. Can someone please advise me on this?

Members don't see this ad.

The ASHP midyear meeting is barely useful for a P3 (it's more for P4's and residents) but I guess it can give you an idea what residencies you want to apply to at an early stage so you have time to prepare.

I imagine the APhA will be like any other residency showcase, mostly there for informative purposes. You may want to just attend a pharmacy school's showcase first that won't require a registration fee and you'll have a good idea what these other 2 meeting will be like.

You don't need to go to MRM to look at residency. I went to MRMs as a student to work on policies, network with other active APhA members, etc. If that is your interest, go. If it's not, don't go.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The ASHP midyear meeting is barely useful for a P3 (it's more for P4's and residents) but I guess it can give you an idea what residencies you want to apply to at an early stage so you have time to prepare.

I imagine the APhA will be like any other residency showcase, mostly there for informative purposes. You may want to just attend a pharmacy school's showcase first that won't require a registration fee and you'll have a good idea what these other 2 meeting will be like.

Thanks. I've decided to skip the MRM. I think going to ASHP Midyear next year will be more helpful.

You don't need to go to MRM to look at residency. I went to MRMs as a student to work on policies, network with other active APhA members, etc. If that is your interest, go. If it's not, don't go.

Thanks for your response. I didn't realize that's what you do at MRM. I've decided to hold off and attend ASHP Midyear next year as a P4.