AP credit from high school>>

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

cvpmvp33

hello,
i received advanced placement credit for Calculus 1 from high school, will most of the schools accept this??? If so, how will it be calculated into the math/science g.p.a????

Members don't see this ad.

oh yeah, one more thing. Most of these schools require statistics, will Psychological Statistics fulfill this requirement???

My husband is going through a similar thing with an AP English class from high school. He took the "AP" English test, and got a 3 on it. Because he only got a 3, Pacific won't accept it and he is going to have to retake English 101 after already getting a BS in Electrical Engineering. Needless to say, he isn't happy!

The best bet is for you to check with the individual school you want to apply to. Each school is a little different, and you may get lucky! With the Stats class... again, check with each school. I took an Applied Statistics class, and it counted for Pacific and ICO.

Members don't see this ad :)
cvpmvp33 said:
hello,
i received advanced placement credit for Calculus 1 from high school, will most of the schools accept this??? If so, how will it be calculated into the math/science g.p.a????

I received ap credit for calc too. SCO just gave me credit. It doesn't factor into your gpa. Certain classes you will have to retake if it is a prereq such as biology or chemistry. Ask the individual opt schools.

If your undergrad school gave you credit, then opt school should too.
good luck.

blazenmadison said:
If your undergrad school gave you credit, then opt school should too.
good luck.

Unfortunately for my husband, that was not the case at Pacific. UNR accepted the AP credit, but Pacific won't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

cvpmvp33 said:
oh yeah, one more thing. Most of these schools require statistics, will Psychological Statistics fulfill this requirement???
I took Psych Stats and the schools I applied to took it, so my guess is you'll be fine with that at most schools. Check with admissions if you want to be completely sure.