AP Bio or AP Chem

xxefmxx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a rising junior and don't know if I should take AP Bio or AP Chem. There are many AP Bio teachers, and there's only one that truly "teaches" but if you get stuck with a bad teacher they don't explain much and you are left to figure almost everything on your own. There's only one AP Chem teacher and people have said the policy of him never straight up telling you the answer for problems make the class harder. While there have been mixed feelings on AP Bio, everyone that took AP Chem has said that the class was hard. I took honors bio freshmen year and am taking honors chem sophomore year. I've done/doing okay in both courses, but apparently they "eased up" on the chemistry classes this year.

I also don't know if I should take Bio E/M or Chemistry for SAT Subject tests, so the pairing with the AP casses would help as well...

Members don't see this ad.

AP chem, will help prepare you for college chem

AP bio is kind of a crapshoot because every school does their general bio a little different. plus it's easier imo..

AP chem...even if it's hard. Actually probably better for you if it's hard. Chem is one of the great weed out classes in college. As much prior exposure to it as possible will help you in college.