AOA Status unknown - submit anyway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sisyphus22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school hasn't informed us yet regarding who in our class is AOA, and they don't plan on telling us until October. I'm likely to be AOA, but should I just send my application now and leave the AOA question blank? How do you inform programs about it later, once you find out? If you just update it on your profile, do they even notice? I don't want to wait until October to submit my ERAS, but I'm wondering how programs would know if you got AOA once they've already downloaded and looked at your application - there's no guaranteeing they'll notice a profile update.

Members don't see this ad.

Our school hasn't informed us yet regarding who in our class is AOA, and they don't plan on telling us until October. I'm likely to be AOA, but should I just send my application now and leave the AOA question blank? How do you inform programs about it later, once you find out? If you just update it on your profile, do they even notice? I don't want to wait until October to submit my ERAS, but I'm wondering how programs would know if you got AOA once they've already downloaded and looked at your application - there's no guaranteeing they'll notice a profile update.

There is the option to put on your application that AOA is not decided until senior year...that way at least they know it's still possible...I don't know how they could find out before an interview though if you were eventually elected into AOA....but hopefully if you are a possible AOA and a pretty good candidate...they will give you an interview anyways :) At least if you got AOA in October you could tell them at the interviews and it could help when they fill out their ROLs??? It's a good dilemma to have....I wish that were my problem. Good Luck!

it will go in your mspe

Oh, I definitely advise you to wait to submit your app until you find out if you're AOA fo' reals. In fact, you might want to wait until next year, just to be super sure. :rolleyes: