Anyway to find out how malignant programs are in the Northeast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmehta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I somehow have a real problem with authority that berates me unless I am on Surgery. I just don't feel OB/GYN should be that high strung, yet i have heard some horror stories of programs. My own 3rd year rotation was quite mellow at Baystate in Springfield, MA.

I would love to know how other programs are, but scutwork.com doesn't give full reviews of most programs. How are the NYC programs, or Yale for that matter? I have heard Tufts/NEMC is quite miserable right now.

Members don't see this ad.

nmehta said:
I somehow have a real problem with authority that berates me unless I am on Surgery. I just don't feel OB/GYN should be that high strung, yet i have heard some horror stories of programs. My own 3rd year rotation was quite mellow at Baystate in Springfield, MA.

I would love to know how other programs are, but scutwork.com doesn't give full reviews of most programs. How are the NYC programs, or Yale for that matter? I have heard Tufts/NEMC is quite miserable right now.

Hmm, what have you heard about Tufts? I was seriously considering their program, but haven't gotten down to actually talking with people who are in it. I totally agree that its a shame so many ob/gyn programs are nortorious for malignancy. I was kind of hopeing Tufts would be nice. Would you consider Baystate? What other impresisons did you have of their program?

I would wholeheartedly do a residency at Baystate, it's a great hospital and program in just a bad area. Bad area meaning, there isn't a whole lot to do. But, the people are great, the faculty is very supportive, and the residents are a good mix of men/women, younger/older, married/single so you can get along well no matter what your background.

That said, it is unfortunate that one of their MFM attendings is leaving in a couple weeks to become the head of perinatology at Bellevue hospital in NYC. That is a HUGE loss, but every program has their turnover and I am sure this program will continue on.