Anyone working on or recently finished board recertification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zolof

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here working on the board recertification. Tons of CME to complete online. Very little info about peoples experience and feedback with the new set up online. ?

Members don't see this ad.

Was wondering if anyone here working on the board recertification. Tons of CME to complete online. Very little info about peoples experience and feedback with the new set up online. ?

The article pathway is great. I have spent maybe a grand total of 2.5 hours on them and am almost done. Annoying that you basically have to pay for at least some, but cheaper than a board exam.

Reactions: 1 user
THanks. Really? Thats what I was going to do the article pathway. The PIP part seems annoying they claim will take 3 months to complete. ? Do you have to repeat the exams if you dont pass like typical state CME? I saw they are not timed, but dont recall that part.

Members don't see this ad :)
THanks. Really? Thats what I was going to do the article pathway. The PIP part seems annoying they claim will take 3 months to complete. ? Do you have to repeat the exams if you dont pass like typical state CME? I saw they are not timed, but dont recall that part.

They aren't timed at all.

I haven't done the PIP yet (and also think it's just stupid overall) but I'll just say its all self reported based on your own patient charts.

You can’t retake the failed tests but most/all of the answers are available if you just search the pdf for the keywords in the question stem.

I took my second recert exam 2 years ago going with the old, regular system. I'm not planning on recertifying again. It just adds very little to nothing to my daily practice of medicine and I feel the whole system needs to be changed. I am paying 2400$ for 2 modules to take a test at Pearson View center, plus the other fees for CME, PIP, etc. That's insane to me, but may be better addressed in a thread of its own.

Most people I trained with do the articles together by zoom. They seem to like that system better.

I did the articles. It only took a few hours. I don’t think I had to pay for any.

I am doing the article pathway and I actually read the articles. It takes longer, but there are some really good ones. I’m glad that pathway exists (not just the recert exam option).

I just took the last week "off" work with a couple of colleagues to do the articles together. As much as I resent the whole recertification racket, I have to admit most of the articles were worth a read and it was kind of nice to have to make the time to read them. By the end I did finally run out of steam and took the last couple of quizzes cold. The quality of the questions is generally poor so I really had no compunction about taking them in a small group. I work at a university so they were all freely accessible to me. I would be upset if I had to pay for them.

The article pathway is great. I have spent maybe a grand total of 2.5 hours on them and am almost done. Annoying that you basically have to pay for at least some, but cheaper than a board exam.

2.5 hours for all of them combined?!? Please do share your strategy.

Read fast + CTRL-F? There are a lot of first-order questions. Entirely done now and it clocked in at just under 3 hours including time to download a few of the trickier to find papers.
I did the same. Though a couple of the interesting ones did slow me down bco I read them fully for genuine interest.