Anyone used the EssayEdge.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

melonque

Hey, has any of you use the service? I am thinking of using it, but I am not sure they are as good as they say? Is it worth the money? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

melonque said:
Hey, has any of you use the service? I am thinking of using it, but I am not sure they are as good as they say? Is it worth the money? thanks.

hey there!! I just used essayedge and I am 100% satisfied with the service... but then again, it depends on how much work do u think ur statement needs and if u have the money to pay for it..... (u can find cuopon up 15% disc. in the web)

Thanks, but I am totally disappointed at my editor. Can you PM me who your editor is, so I can request him/her to work on mine. Thanks.

I used EsseyEdge last year and I can tell you that even though I was happy with the end product, it took a whole lot of work on my part to get there. The owner/manager of this company (I am not going to mention her name here, but it is all over the website) may be difficult to work with at times. The original outline she came up with for my essey was pretty good, but I felt it still needed a lot of work. She e-mailed me a second draft a few days latter, and, OMG, IT WAS SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE!!! It was like it was done by a person with no training whatsoever, I could have done a much better job than that myself. To make a long story short- it took many drawn out e-mails and even threats to get things back on track.
Now I think I have a pretty good theory on what is going on at that place- they probably have a couple of people who are pretty good; they most likely supervise a bunch of undergrads or something who may not such a good job of writing PSs.

And also, beware of posters with 0+ posts. You never know who that may be :rolleyes: .

Just my 0.02

JR said:
I used EsseyEdge last year and I can tell you that even though I was happy with the end product, it took a whole lot of work on my part to get there. The owner/manager of this company (I am not going to mention her name here, but it is all over the website) may be difficult to work with at times. The original outline she came up with for my essey was pretty good, but I felt it still needed a lot of work. She e-mailed me a second draft a few days latter, and, OMG, IT WAS SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE!!! It was like it was done by a person with no training whatsoever, I could have done a much better job than that myself. To make a long story short- it took many drawn out e-mails and even threats to get things back on track.
Now I think I have a pretty good theory on what is going on at that place- they probably have a couple of people who are pretty good; they most likely supervise a bunch of undergrads or something who may not such a good job of writing PSs.

And also, beware of posters with 0+ posts. You never know who that may be :rolleyes: .

Just my 0.02

You don't mean to imply that Lanisita is a mole from Essayedge.com do you?

I would agree with her on one thing:

if u rite ur personnel statemint like this, u probly need sum-1 to proofreed for u!!!

I don't know if Lanisita is a mole, and s/he probably is not. Anyway, it turns out that his/her editor was same as mine, but my edited statement totally sucks...Anyway, they agree to have some QA manager to fix it, so I will see how that goes...anyway, keep you updated.

Hey, this thread is for me and those who have questions for the quality of Essayedge.com. If you have nothing better to say than just being a stupid troll, why don't you go read some Anes textbooks or something? Don't waste other people's time.

1. Don't trust posters with new accounts, <2 months old.

2. Read their 'post history' to see how they treat other people.

3. If they have no post history, then they have no credibility.

4. Don't use online essay services which request a fee.

My advice is to have your essay read over by *several* people who are gifted in proficiency in writing and language. These include professors and other students who are excellent writers.

Try to make the editing an iterative process, in which you review the essay together. Try to understand why the corrections need to be made, rather than blindly following advice presented.

If you are a poor writer, then you should consider that this deficiency will be lifelong and will not disappear until you remedy it. You can become a better writer through reading novels, and studying writing primers.

IM/AnesthMD, your immaturity really amuses me. Thank you. By the way, how old are you?

well let me try and break through a little here, sorry for the inconvenience ;-)
well, I got my PS revised and edited by essayedge, and am having my dean in NY take a look at it, along with other medical school faculty hopefully, and if what you guys are saying is correct, that these are in fact a bunch of lowly high school, or undergrad English major punks revising our essays at good ole essayedge charging us big money for revisions and edits which can help us step into our prospective careers of choice, then I am going to be really pissed off, because I wrote a beautiful PS, and they really mowed it down ... so that $120 that I spent had better turn into some use for me.... to be perfectly honest, I am not some English guru, so I cannot say what style of PS is the best, hopefully my medical school staff will be the best judge of that... they have both the before and after revisions, personally, I feel as if they did take quite a bit out of my Personal Statement, which described my personal experiences and feelings related to my choice of career in medicine, and it seems as if they weeded out quite a bit.. dont know if thats a good thing, as for convenience, or a bad thing - someone reading it will know less about me... hmm... dont know what to say until I get the heads up from my school...maybe shorter is better, nonetheless, it was a page when I started it, and now it is considerably less, I will keep you guys posted for sure regarding essayedge.

andwhat, thanks for your post. What happened to your PS is similar to what happened to mine. The editor took out some of what I personally think is very important core of my PS, and just fixed my grammar, and shortened it. Anyway, after I complained to them, they are having some Quality Assurance manager to edit the PS again, and he will return it on Monday. I'll keep you posted. I would suggest that if you don't like what you got, you should talk to them. One thing though, they were so far very professional in handling my complaint.

melonque said:
andwhat, thanks for your post. What happened to your PS is similar to what happened to mine. The editor took out some of what I personally think is very important core of my PS, and just fixed my grammar, and shortened it. Anyway, after I complained to them, they are having some Quality Assurance manager to edit the PS again, and he will return it on Monday. I'll keep you posted. I would suggest that if you don't like what you got, you should talk to them. One thing though, they were so far very professional in handling my complaint.

thats great... well I have to say that so far, after having one of my good friends look through it who is a resident, I am not happy with their first edit.... and I absolutely HAVE to have it looked at again... I am glad that they are professional... because thats what we pay them this big money for... What exactly did you say to them when you complained? Can you please pm me or post here, it doesnt make any difference where actually, and hey thanks alot for the support... you know I graduated from an undergraduate college high strung on English proficiency as well, so I know the importance of this... and their first edit was not enough, although I have heard good things about them.. Thanks alot for the support...