Anyone take Step 2 while breastfeeding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Step 2 on the 26th of this month, and my baby will be almost a month old at that time. I am going to need to pump during my breaks, and would just like to know if anyone has done this and if you had any problems with it. Do I need special permission to have access to my breast pump during my breaks? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you'd need permission, but where were you planning to store it? There were no refrigerators at the prometric center I was at. You can access any of your stuff during any of your breaks. You'll sometimes see lunatics reading through First Aid during breaks.

I will store it in a small cooler with ice packs. Hopefully it will be OK. Thanks!

we had a small locker with a lock. i dont know if its big enough to fit a cooler. maybe u should visit ur site ahead of time..... or just try to save up as much as possible before ur test day so u can toss whatever u pump that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to say that as a cute story, my mom was breastfeeding me when she took step 3. She said that my dad brought me when he came to pick her up at the end of the test, and I don't know if they had pumps in such wide use back then but she hadn't been using one so she said she was sooo uncomfortable and totally lunged at me when she came out because she was so desperate to get de-milkified. Thought that was hilarious, made my USMLE experiences seem so easy in comparison.

I just wanted to say that as a cute story, my mom was breastfeeding me when she took step 3. She said that my dad brought me when he came to pick her up at the end of the test, and I don't know if they had pumps in such wide use back then but she hadn't been using one so she said she was sooo uncomfortable and totally lunged at me when she came out because she was so desperate to get de-milkified. Thought that was hilarious, made my USMLE experiences seem so easy in comparison.

LOL. I can't imagine going 8 hours without pumping or anything. That would be so uncomfortable and make it really hard to concentrate!