Anyone Studying 4 Dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brownskinladae

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that this thread is rather dead, so hopefully this post will bring some life to the board. I just wanted to see who else is studying for the DAT? I, for one, am, and it would be nice if we got together on this board and really helped each other through the process. I just feel so lonely studying for this by myself. So, like I said, WHO'S STUDYING OUT THERE? Also, when do you plan to take it? How are you studying? Etc..

Members don't see this ad.

Fellow brown skin person here, and I'm also studying for this torture test. I was originally planning to take the test this month, but I've rescheduled for August. Why? because I haven't been able to reach at least a 20 in any section :( but I'm gonna study hardcore until I get the kind of scores I want. I've already been through the Kaplan book 4 times but I cant seem to bring up my Gchem and Quant scores. And you're right, this forum doesn't seem to get much action. Maybe people are too busy studying, which is what I should be doing?

I am studying too, havent registered for it yet, but am thinking prolly the end of august, so i need to register soon. Only taken one practice test so far, and am now working super hard on bringing up my science scores, but did pretty well on the other sections, 19 PAT, 21 RC, 22 QR . . . does anyone know how well the Kaplan and Topscore test scores correlate to scoreing on the actual test?
I'm planning on just studying and taking at least 1-2 practice tests a week between now and the exam, but it's been a while since I've taken a formal chem class, so that's the area I need to work on most I think.

Oh yeah, I'm a Cali resident too, with 3.1 GPA, but lots of extracurriculrs and research exp, any recommendations on which schools to apply to outside of Cali?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all

Well I've been studying hard like youf or the past 2 month and my big test is this Sat at 9:30. I"m taking it at the Ithaca prometric center. I basically just jusd kaplan mostly and kaplan course tests, and also topscore. After my test I will def add post of my opinion of the diff sectinos of the test.

Fred

I just signed up for the Kaplan class. I'm gonna take the class this fall, and take the DAT over winter break. I have basically just been doing practice tests until my books come.

I will also begin studying for the DAT in the nest few days. I have accumulated quite an "arsenal" of DAT materials... so here I go... I'm planning on taking it sometime during the Fall. What scares me is that I'll be also taking the first semester of OChem this fall, so basically I hope I learn all A LOT in the next couple of months both by myself (self-studying) and also with my classroom instructor. We should use each other as resources to help one another if it's possible. Good luck to all of you!!

I also think that the reason why this DAT Discussion forum is sort of "dead" is because perhaps most of us have the pre-dental discussion page bookmarked in our favorites. I know I don't have this specific forum bookmarked in my favorites, thus, I don't check it as often and also I forget about it. Just my 2 cents.

Wow, replies in the DAT discussion area?

Iamwolverine- From what Ive been reading on the boards, it seems like Topscore is a better predictor of DAT scores than Kaplan. But, Topscore also seems to be a bit harder than the actual test. I haven't done a practice test yet because I don't want to discourage myself. I plan on taking them once I'm actually finished with the Kaplan book just to see how much info. I actually retained.

Woohoo- What is about Gchem and Quant? Must be math skills. Once you have those down you'll probably be all set. I'm taking the test either at the end of August or the beginning of September. It all depends.

Woohoo- What is about Gchem and Quant? Must be math skills. Once you have those down you'll probably be all set. I'm taking the test either at the end of August or the beginning of September. It all depends.

You're kind of right about the math skills thing, because I haven't had a math class in a couple years, but mostly its just that I always run out of time in the math section, I need to work on SPEED. The Kaplan stuff is easy and I even looked at some gre math books but those seem to go into more detail than we need to know. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good math book?

By the way Freddy: I've kind of been following your posts and want to wish you luck. Let us know how it turns out