Anyone know facts about waitlisting at LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KylieP54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at LECOM on Feb. 14th and got waitlisted (3-12). Does anyone know if I still have a good chance? It's my first choice, I'm totally bummed. If I don't get in here, it looks like I'll be going to podiatry school. I'd rather be a DO!:(

Members don't see this ad.

What was your mcat and GPA? I can tell you with 99% reliability then. Generally you will be accepted if waitlisted, because other people have been accepted to the school and several others and will not be attending. If you really want to still go to lecom and you don't get in, Lecom has a postbac (post bacelorette) program that prepares you for medical school. The deal is that if you are in the post bac program you are almost guaranteed a spot in the following years class, no matter what you mcat and gpa were.

Thank you LECOM2005 for getting back to me. I have a 3.35 GPA at Case Western Reserve, which is a pretty hard college.. and my MCAT....are you ready for this...yeah, a whopping 17P. BUT, there are major circumstances surrounding this score....I took 26 credit hours (9 classes) while studying and taking the mcat last april, so during lecom's interview the panel acknowledged this, and they made the comment to me that they thought med school might be easier for me. I thought they were joking but they were serious. I actually did the best I ever did that semester too, 6 A'sand 2 B's. so i thought I had a good chance of getting in, then I get the letter that says i'm an alternate. Thanks for letting me know about the post bac too, they told me nothing about that. The thing that sucks is they said it probably won't be until summer that they would call, if they did. So it's up in the air. LECOM's my first choice, so I'm kinda bummed! I also have everything else: the research, the volunteering at University hospitals in cleveland, etc. Hopefully I will get accepted, what do you think?
Miserable in Ohio

Members don't see this ad :)
I know of someone who was waitlisted and ended up being called to LECOM just a few days before the start of school.... so don't give up hope!!!! :)

If I was you i would write a letter to LECOM expressing your sincere interest in the school. Also did you apply to OUCOM. i know that as an ohio resident they tend to be lenient and favor people who are instate residents, which i see becuase you are from Chesterland. For example, i know a student last year who was accepted to OUCOM with an MCAT of 18. I understand this is very rare, but this individual wrote a letter of interest, which they said was the reason why the eventaully accepted them to the school. Also consider the POSTBAC program that LECOM offers, as i have read on here the program appears to be very good, when I interviewed there i spoke with one of the students in the POSTBAC program, and all they did was praise what it was and how it had helped them when it came time to applying.

Thanks Kristen, I am sure with my luck, if I did get called, it'd be the day before...lol! but yes, I have heard this has happened. and TraumaDr, I have applied at OU and haven't heard anything back yet! I am very very shocked at this, bc I even had rec letters from two very important DO's that went there for school. So I'm guessing that since I haven't heard by now, I probably wont. I had no idea about this post bac, I am going to look into it. I have already written and sent LECOM a letter personally written that expresses my desire in going there, asking them to pleeeease consider me. I hope that'll be good! Thanks again, your guys' input is greatly appreciated! I will still keep hope!