Anyone Just interview at Temple or gonna be there this Wednesday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious guys i'm gonna be there this wed :) wondering if anyone else is or if anyone could add some insight into what the process was like.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews only started last Thursday, so chances of one of those being on this site is slim.......

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, dont think i'll be of any help, but i got an interview there on friday. lemme know how urs goes. take care

omar

Hey is anyone gunna be there next weds for an interview. Im going to be there from this thurs to next thurs visiting a friends and partying for a few night.

Hey, let me know how it goes too. I really like the school. Is anyone that is applying trying to do the dual degree? That is what I am really interested in. Good Luck!!!!

musiq said:
Hey, let me know how it goes too. I really like the school. Is anyone that is applying trying to do the dual degree? That is what I am really interested in. Good Luck!!!!

Which dual degree...the MPH or MBA?

Just got back guys :). Brian was very helpful -- in case you don't know he is pretty much in charge of initial application review and dealing with interview groups among other things. I really like Temple :). I was expecting the worst enviroment but that totally was not the case! I really like thier extensive clinical req. too and autonomy/responsibility in D3 and D4 years. The group interview was not bad at all. If you guys have "specific" questions you can PM me.

DrTacoElf said:
Just got back guys :). Brian was very helpful -- in case you don't know he is pretty much in charge of initial application review and dealing with interview groups among other things. I really like Temple :). I was expecting the worst enviroment but that totally was not the case! I really like thier extensive clinical req. too and autonomy/responsibility in D3 and D4 years. The group interview was not bad at all. If you guys have "specific" questions you can PM me.

The autonomy/responsibility in the senior years is great practice for when you run your own practice, however it has some fallbacks...for instance, seniors have to do all their own lab work...and also pay for their patients if the patients skip out on the bill....I dont know which other schools do this, but if one is organized, then it should never be an issue in the first place.

What did you think of the area around Temple? Its pretty bad, but the new plaza they put across the street over the summer makes it look better...when you interview at other schools, you'll see that many dental schools are in bad areas,

Honestly the area did not seem bad to me at all. I was prepared for MUCH worse from what I read on here. It was about like Atlanta from what I saw around the school. The area surely did not have a negative effect in my opinion. Its in an urban area and on purpose.

DrTacoElf said:

sup man, glad you like your interview, temple is my top choice, i have an interview there october 8, can you give me some insight on how its is? what type of essay do they make you write and why. any help is appreciated,
thanks

demonicr said:
sup man, glad you like your interview, temple is my top choice, i have an interview there october 8, can you give me some insight on how its is? what type of essay do they make you write and why. any help is appreciated,
thanks

The essay is just a simple stimulus. One sentence you need to respond to. Here is why you have to write it

http://www.essayedge.com/

The interview day is not bad at all and you learn a lot about the school, students and area.

Hey Taco,
I am glad you liked it. I am going Friday, so hopefully I will have a positive experience as well.

The area of the school isn't so bad at all. I am currently living at the back of the dental school, a few footsteps towards it. Tons of people can live here and you all can to. Don't be discouraged by the outer look of Temple. At Temple, i found staffs and falcuties are so niceeeeeeeeeee.

DS1

my1molar said:
The area of the school isn't so bad at all. I am currently living at the back of the dental school, a few footsteps towards it. Tons of people can live here and you all can to. Don't be discouraged by the outer look of Temple. At Temple, i found staffs and falcuties are so niceeeeeeeeeee.

DS1

hey, you're in my class...who are you?