Anyone Interviewed at Temple yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Agape

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my interview with Temple on Friday, and I was wondering if anyone else has interviewed there yet? What was it like?

Members don't see this ad.

A bunch of us have interviewed there already. I thought it was pretty laid back but a long day. You get there in the morning early and first have a get to know each other chat with the admissions people and other students in some office (which I kept thinking the whole time that the admin woman kept leaving the office on purpose and was watching us students interact and hear what we were saying through some hidden camera system...but i'm probably paranoid). Then a tour of the school, financial aid talk, housing option talk, what Philadelphia has to offer talk, etc. Finally its about noon and you have a lunch with a few students and then a few are called back at a time to have their interviews with the various professors. Mine was really laid back and it seemed the other people with me had the same opinion. They talk a bit about your file, but also just chat - my guy kept me in there for almost 40 minutes and the student after me for almost an hour. Its a very easy going, painless process.

Anyone who has interviewed at Temple heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
A bunch of us have interviewed there already. I thought it was pretty laid back but a long day. You get there in the morning early and first have a get to know each other chat with the admissions people and other students in some office (which I kept thinking the whole time that the admin woman kept leaving the office on purpose and was watching us students interact and hear what we were saying through some hidden camera system...but i'm probably paranoid). Then a tour of the school, financial aid talk, housing option talk, what Philadelphia has to offer talk, etc. Finally its about noon and you have a lunch with a few students and then a few are called back at a time to have their interviews with the various professors. Mine was really laid back and it seemed the other people with me had the same opinion. They talk a bit about your file, but also just chat - my guy kept me in there for almost 40 minutes and the student after me for almost an hour. Its a very easy going, painless process.

Did Dr. Newman interview you?

I interviewed 10/1 and yes he did. I met him over the summer through one of those aacpm mentors thing and spent half the day in the clinic with him and talking. So when it came time to interview, I was matched up with him. He is a great man and I can listen to him talk forever. Tons of wisdom and I hope to accomplish half of what he's accomplished from what he's told me.

So did you just interview with one person? I was under the impression we had to do three interviews at Temple, one DPM, one professor, and one 3rd year student. Or is this a different school?

Your thinking of NYCPM (3 interviews). There is only one interview at Temple and that is with a DPM. I had a pretty young pod who went to temple for pod school and also their 4 year residency (very tall guy).

I did the same thing as crhoody12 and met/shadowed Dr. Newman during the summer at the temple clinic. He is a great guy!

Are the interviews at Temple scheduled on one specific day of the week, or what? I should be coming up there soon for an interview :)

Are the interviews at Temple scheduled on one specific day of the week, or what? I should be coming up there soon for an interview :)

They have the interviews on Mondays and Fridays.

So did you just interview with one person? I was under the impression we had to do three interviews at Temple, one DPM, one professor, and one 3rd year student. Or is this a different school?

I don't know about Temple, but DMU does that (w/ 3 people)

I interviewed 10/1 and yes he did. I met him over the summer through one of those aacpm mentors thing and spent half the day in the clinic with him and talking. So when it came time to interview, I was matched up with him. He is a great man and I can listen to him talk forever. Tons of wisdom and I hope to accomplish half of what he's accomplished from what he's told me.

I figured it was him because he likes to talk and he interviewed me a year ago and it was a long interview too. He's a Great guy.

I have my interview with Temple on Friday, and I was wondering if anyone else has interviewed there yet? What was it like?

I also have my interview on Friday. I guess I'll see you there!

Your thinking of NYCPM (3 interviews). There is only one interview at Temple and that is with a DPM. I had a pretty young pod who went to temple for pod school and also their 4 year residency (very tall guy).

I did the same thing as crhoody12 and met/shadowed Dr. Newman during the summer at the temple clinic. He is a great guy!

The DPM that you had interviewed with was Dr. Jason Miller. He was one of the first two residents to complete the four year Temple University Hospital Podiatric Surgical Residency Program.

Does anyone know general how long it takes for temple to get back to their applicants after they interview at the school?

Does anyone know general how long it takes for temple to get back to their applicants after they interview at the school?

About a week or so. Could be a little longer but it's not too long after. They have a screening process that takes longer than some other schools. No same day acceptance at Temple. When did you interview?

About a week or so. Could be a little longer but it's not too long after. They have a screening process that takes longer than some other schools. No same day acceptance at Temple. When did you interview?

I will be interviewing tomorrow.

Has anyone heard back from Temple yet? I interviewed last Monday (10/1) and they said they would be notifying I thought by following Wednesday (yesterday, 10/10) because of their committee meetings on Mondays. However, no word yet...

I spoke with David Martin yesterday and he told me they didn't get a chance to meet when they expected too and to check back next week on either tuesday or wednesday.