Anyone interview with KYCO or ICO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kopto1997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have interviews with KYCO & ICO coming up, and was wondering if, for those of you who have interviewed at these schools, you have any advice or feedback? I'd appreciate it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed at both and received offers from both schools too! You can check my stats on the front page of the class of 2025 thread :)

ICO: First hour was a group session where different reps from the school talk about the school, the program, the finances etc. I was in a group of 10 applicants plus a few ICO reps. The second hour (it half hour long for me), was a 1-on-1 interview with ICO faculty. She basically asked me the typical interview questions, questions about my favourite and hated courses, etc. She seemed very engaging and the conversation was very fluid. I received an offer after 2 weeks of interviewing.

KYCO: It an hour scheduled interview but it last for 1/2 hour as well. I was interviewed by two faculty members. I did not like this interview at all because one of the faculty members did not like my responses to the questions. He questioned my responses making me respond to his follow up questions on the spot. The same faculty member also pointed out every single one of my grades that were below a C+ and pointed out my low OAT scores. I truly did not like my experience in the interview. Don't let this scare you cause it may be totally different for you but that was my thoughts. The questions were the typical questions and at the end the other faculty member sent me an email with her contact info if I had any further questions.

Hope that helps & good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I interviewed at both and received offers from both schools too! You can check my stats on the front page of the class of 2025 thread :)

ICO: First hour was a group session where different reps from the school talk about the school, the program, the finances etc. I was in a group of 10 applicants plus a few ICO reps. The second hour (it half hour long for me), was a 1-on-1 interview with ICO faculty. She basically asked me the typical interview questions, questions about my favourite and hated courses, etc. She seemed very engaging and the conversation was very fluid. I received an offer after 2 weeks of interviewing.

KYCO: It an hour scheduled interview but it last for 1/2 hour as well. I was interviewed by two faculty members. I did not like this interview at all because one of the faculty members did not like my responses to the questions. He questioned my responses making me respond to his follow up questions on the spot. The same faculty member also pointed out every single one of my grades that were below a C+ and pointed out my low OAT scores. I truly did not like my experience in the interview. Don't let this scare you cause it may be totally different for you but that was my thoughts. The questions were the typical questions and at the end the other faculty member sent me an email with her contact info if I had any further questions.

Hope that helps & good luck!
THANK YOU so much for taking the time to write this - you have no idea how much this helps! Were there any questions that threw you off?? I have KYCO coming up next week...so we'll see how that goes. Congrats on both of your acceptances! :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
The only question from KYCO's interview that was different was "Why choose optometry over a career in medicine (specifically ophthalmology)?" Hope that helps!!! Good luck with your interviews :))

• Love
Congradulations on getting an interview.

I was wondering how long did it take KYCO to contact you back after your application confirmation?

Best wishes on your interview!

• Care
Congradulations on getting an interview.

I was wondering how long did it take KYCO to contact you back after your application confirmation?

Best wishes on your interview!
They said that I'd been on their radar for a while...but they couldn't move forward with my application until I submitted a LOR from an optometrist. So, it took a little longer than I think it would have! I would contact their admissions person if you want to check on your application; he is really great at getting back to you quickly! Good luck!!

The only question from KYCO's interview that was different was "Why choose optometry over a career in medicine (specifically ophthalmology)?" Hope that helps!!! Good luck with your interviews :))
You're amazing! Thank you, and best of luck to you with everything!

They said that I'd been on their radar for a while...but they couldn't move forward with my application until I submitted a LOR from an optometrist. So, it took a little longer than I think it would have! I would contact their admissions person if you want to check on your application; he is really great at getting back to you quickly! Good luck!!

Thank you! I will definitely be emailing them soon!

If you need his email, private message me and I'd be happy to help! Good luck! :)