Anyone here a Kinesiology major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanna-be-dent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am majoring in Kinesiology at Arizona State. I plan to apply to Dental school in two years, and I was wondering what everyone here thought of my major. I know most people seem to major in Bio or Chem, so do you think my major will be looked down upon? Taking the pre-reqs for Dental School will not be a problem since most of the chem is required anyways. Just wanting an outside opionion. Thanks. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it - you can get your degree in anything you want. I'm sure kinesiology includes many science and anatomy related classes - that's only going to help you. Isn't kinesiology at the east campus? That's where I'm at also.

No, I am over at the main campus. What is your major?

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife received her degree in exercise sport science and then went back and took the pre-reqs for dental school. She has already been invited to two interviews at top schools and said that no looks down on her major. Just do well on the DAT and your major won't matter.

I'm a physical education major, does that count?