Anyone Having Trouble With Step II Or III

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandimd

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

This is just a quick plug for a review course i took in NYC.
Premier Review. It's put on by 2 doctors, one at mount sinai, one from harvard, the course is amazing. i failed the test twice by one point. after this course i increased my score by 10. you will not be dissappointed.

6000 people fail step 3 every year,
trust me i know this is a tough test and i'm telling you, if you failed it once
already, don't waste more time and money, take this course first and then take the test, IT IS SO SO WORTH IT!

www.premierreview.com

it's held in nyc at the laguardia sheraton, 7 days, take a vacation, go to nyc and learn medicine this time, the way you need to know it for the exam. 98% pass rate.

if you have any questions just ask!

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I knew about this when I was a resident. That STep III, no matter what anybody says, the freaking exam is HARD, and trust me, I know, I failed it twice before passing, and it sort of screwed up my time in residency, because you can't concentrate on your residency as you got this exam you have to pass. I'm glad it worked for you, and it's nice to know, about the stat on # of people failing step III. It doesn't make me feel alone.
Hi all-

This is just a quick plug for a review course i took in NYC.
Premier Review. It's put on by 2 doctors, one at mount sinai, one from harvard, the course is amazing. i failed the test twice by one point. after this course i increased my score by 10. you will not be dissappointed.

6000 people fail step 3 every year,
trust me i know this is a tough test and i'm telling you, if you failed it once
already, don't waste more time and money, take this course first and then take the test, IT IS SO SO WORTH IT!

www.premierreview.com

it's held in nyc at the laguardia sheraton, 7 days, take a vacation, go to nyc and learn medicine this time, the way you need to know it for the exam. 98% pass rate.

if you have any questions just ask!

I wish I knew about this when I was a resident. That STep III, no matter what anybody says, the freaking exam is HARD, and trust me, I know, I failed it twice before passing, and it sort of screwed up my time in residency, because you can't concentrate on your residency as you got this exam you have to pass. I'm glad it worked for you, and it's nice to know, about the stat on # of people failing step III. It doesn't make me feel alone.

well everyone trusts Kaplan, and Kaplan is atrociously incorrect and out of date. They are such a waste of money. If Kaplan was a good course, people would not be failing the test all over the world.
I wish that there were actually litigation suits that could go against what they are teaching, and making free money off of. They should NOT be in any sort of business for teaching USMLE Step 3 material.

I would say that not only are Kaplan instructors failures as educators, they are failures as doctors. With the exception of Mark Hill who teaches Surgery, the rest either teach you incorrect information, or completely low yield and obscure information.
They are rude as could possibly be also when you ask a question, they take it as an insult to their authority, such low self esteem.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know this wasn't just an anomaly? Maybe that particular Kaplan site was bad?

I don't have any experience with prep classes for Step 3, I'm just throwing those thoughts out there...

How do you know this wasn't just an anomaly? Maybe that particular Kaplan site was bad?

I don't have any experience with prep classes for Step 3, I'm just throwing those thoughts out there...

you are right. But you have to factor in, that those are the same professors as other sites, such as NY and Chicago, California, etc. They are actually so hard up for business, that Kaplan has shut down several sites for USMLE Step 3 live lectures, such as Miami.
This is because there are far better resources out there, and Kaplan guides you in the wrong direction. The notes are grossly inadequate, and believe it or not, the lecturers THEMSELVES actually beg the students for examination advice DURING THEIR COURSES. This is so low class and pathetic if you ask me.

you are right. But you have to factor in, that those are the same professors as other sites, such as NY and Chicago, California, etc. They are actually so hard up for business, that Kaplan has shut down several sites for USMLE Step 3 live lectures, such as Miami.
This is because there are far better resources out there, and Kaplan guides you in the wrong direction. The notes are grossly inadequate, and believe it or not, the lecturers THEMSELVES actually beg the students for examination advice DURING THEIR COURSES. This is so low class and pathetic if you ask me.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to read SDN before signing up for Kaplan for Step 3?

And were there not negative reviews about it already?

Personally, I always gather my info before dumping 100's of dollars (and a board score) into anything.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to read SDN before signing up for Kaplan for Step 3?

And were there not negative reviews about it already?

Personally, I always gather my info before dumping 100's of dollars (and a board score) into anything.

yeah your right absolutely. No I didn't read anything on SDN about Kaplan negative, why because their ads are all over the place here.
Honestly you can study on your own, esp if you are in a primary care residency.
I read scattered negative reviews, but never EVER expected them to be so horribly pathetic. They are just atrocious.

I went to Premier Review website before taking the premier review,
if you go to the website, there is a direct comparison between kapan and premier that also helped me make that decision.

thank goodness i didn't end up like "And What" spending $1000s on kaplan.

Premier is so good that i would honestly make a deal with anyone that if they take this course, and they don't pass i will give them $100, but if they pass they owe me $100,

I would bet anyone who takes this course will do so well, that's it, hands down it tells you what you need to know to do well!

luckily I had it on MP3. The exact Kaplan step 3 lectures from the course. The lecturers would fight with students, and the lectures were horrid. They were not even close to step 3 material, as a matter of fact they said incorrect things pertinent to patient management in patient as well as outpatient.
Premier Review I did attend, I would say that it was good, however if used as a sole resource, I think that its wiser to supplement. There is no one single source out there that covers everything on step 3. Must use a stepwise and systematic approach.
Premier Review is by FAR the greatest teaching tool for preparation for step 3.