Anyone have suggestions for a journal to submit to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych5467

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to see if anyone could offer advice on a particular journal to submit to.

The article is a short psychiatric case report on a particularly severe form of self-mutilation that I treated in the ED. I follow the case report with a literature review of 60 additional cases. We compare the 60 cases to our case while also delineating common risk factors that have not been previously explored.

It’s a short article . I was hoping that someone could offer some suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I wanted to see if anyone could offer advice on a particular journal to submit to.

The article is a short psychiatric case report on a particularly severe form of self-mutilation that I treated in the ED. I follow the case report with a literature review of 60 additional cases. We compare the 60 cases to our case while also delineating common risk factors that have not been previously explored.

It’s a short article . I was hoping that someone could offer some suggestions.
Google and see what the various psych and emergency medicine society journals are. Then look and see what kind of articles they publish. pick the journal that seems into similar articles. Then submit.

Have you tried JANE? It suggests journals based on manuscript title or abstract.