anyone has started the preparation just now??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rose82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends....Im new here and have just started the preparation for NBDE just now.I hope i can find anyone who has started preparing seriously very recently so that we can plan together and read.Presently i have decks and Mosby.I will be getting papers and others asap.but i have started with what i have.Any guidance also will be higly appreciated....on how to focus,how many months of preparation required,what to stress on etc.

Please reply...i have all my hopes on ur valuable replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys , Please if any 1 interesting in cracking DENTAL ANATOMY joint my thread. lets share our information together to ace NBDE:)

Good luck all:thumbup:

thanks for replying,
do u think i have to read the kaplan review ??
does it have more informations than first aid + decks ...cause i do not want to be disturbed by too much references ..
pls reply :oops:
I am not sure what to tell you. It depends how much time you have to prepare. If you have enough time, it would be good to read Kaplan Review because it s in more detail than DentEssentials. If not, than to DentEssentials, decks and released exams

hi Rose.. Im a female dentist from India.. I gave my NBDE 1 last yr and found that most of the questions were on the tougher end of the material i had studied. also there were many chalanging logical questions that i still am looking for in google.. u seem quite interested n keen to do a thorough study.. i was hoping to also do the same this yr n give the exam again before may as my result was an 80 which i wasnt too happy about. Im in Orange county near LA..i do like the idea of discussing some ways of remembering and studying in a thorough manner thanks..

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys m from pakistan nd wanna join u people to start nbde1.i have jst strted .plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do guide me please wat to study?i means shud i start studing the text books again i have completd ma graduation few dayz befor nd in desperate need of help.how many months will it take to complete preparation hey as im from pakistan is it arequirement to do toefel?plzzzzzzzzzz guys help me nd join me 2 for studez....plzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help.

hi everybody.i am new,i just want to start this week,is there any body who wants to study with each other?i have also a question.is there any difference between dentaldeck 2006-2007 and 2008?

hi everybody.i am new,i just want to start this week,is there any body who wants to study with each other?i have also a question.is there any difference between dentaldeck 2006-2007 and 2008?

Hi
I would like to start too..as far as i know the decks of 08 have not been released...pls correct if wrong

hello i wd really appreciate if u cd help i have few queries firtly is kaplan coaching a must secondly is the kaplan material enough thirdly shd i give my toefl exam from india and how much time is needed for part i ur help is higly appreciated thax in advance i m from pune and so planning to join kaplan plz reply asap

Hi Drlux and Priya,

Great to know that u also are starting the preparations.I suggest we start immediately or else it will be just a discussion and forgotten soon.I have seen many study groups doing quite well.

I have started with Anatomical Sciences from the decks06-07.tell me if it is ok with u guys.today i had researched on the methods adopted by ppl here...and here is what i found interesting.Wonderful inputs Given by Meghana.God bless her!!

start with decks...u shd aim to finish abt 10-12 decks per hr giving particular importance to the explanations at the back. no problem if u r slow at first...u will surely pick up the pace as u go along...and will able to finish more decks in an hr...the important thing is to revise...so say every 2 days..do go back to what u have read the previous days..and revise..it will take u sometime..and maybe u will find u do not remember much...but thats okay..its normal..BUT DONT BE DISAPPOINTED AND START ON A NEW TOPIC...i have done that mistake...and i dont want u guys to do the same...thing is when u do that what happens is, in the end...ur brain is in a mesh of mixed information and then u will end up not remembering ANYTHING properly. if u think u dont remember, scan everything once again...try to question urself and find the answers without looking...when u r sure u r okay with it,only then start with the next set of decks...

u will find that when u stick to ur routine study hrs..u will concentrate more...when u concentrate..u will remember more...u will be enthusiastic when u find ur memory is improving day by day..then...on weekends...revise EVERYTHING u had read during that week. every fortnight..just go thru what u have studied for 2 weeks. i know this sounds silly..but we r not machines guys..revising is the only way u can retain 1000s and 1000s of pages of information. also every revision will take much lesser time than the previous. my friends who have written this exam say that whatever u study it shd be thorough or there is no point coz we r not writing essays here.

so, lets study precise and to the point.

I would like all your suggestions too.If u all are ok with anatomy,then pls add what deadlines we are keeping for the subject.And how much for each day...coz otherwise the preparations will delay.I suggest the best thing is to keep 60-80 questions from the decks and 1 previous released paper.(though i have not got papers...u can do it in ur schedule)

So pls reply fast with ur ideas...and as to when u all aim to write the exam..thus we can plan for each subject...and revising is must.so keep in touch all of u!!im sure with combined efforts,we will be going in right track!

HI. thanks for the input, this has really helped me. I began preparing for the part 1 exam, but initally i was havingt some of the problems that you mentioned....forget waht u read... if anyone else has any more tips, insights, plans, strategies...PLEASE do share. i need ALL the motivation, in the world!

Hi Rose82,
How are you? Hope your doing fine
This Sanket. I have started my National Boards preprations for that I need your valuable guidance. I am reading the basic sciences books which we used during my graduation like for
Anatomy- B D Chauracia , Physiology-Sembulingam and for all subjects the books which I have used during my graduation.
I need to ask you that am I supposed to prepare boards from these books or I need other materials? I have Kaplan question banks(including solved and unsolved questions) and dental decks. I am not getting any confidance by reading questions only. Can you please suggest me the study material for part 1 for now,and how should I plan my studies like to which subject I should give more wettage while preparing.
I really appriciate your help. All the best for your studies.
bye tc.

Sanket
i belive it will take 2-3 days for the 4 of us to set with each other.but till then,dont wait.start studying!!and report here what each of us studied.

hey drali...im planning to give the exam in may.how much have u finished with and what pattern have u been following?

if someone is following text,then i suggest this pattern...

3 hours of anatomy text /subject matter
2 hours of anatomy decks
2 hours of previous study revision

and then u can come and reply at end of day whchever routine u feel comfortable with.