anyone got job contract offered since April

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scope guy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many places are doing hiring freeze. wondering if anyone got interviewed for GI opening or gotten contract since April for potential job for 2021?

Members don't see this ad.

I know many places are doing hiring freeze. wondering if anyone got interviewed for GI opening or gotten contract since April for potential job for 2021?
Some Places have been doing interviews and going over comp structure, the question is, is it somewhere one wants to be, with conditions one desires, wide geographic variability pre covid is exacerbated in the midst of it, by July 1st 2021 we will have gotten to the other side either of this whether vaccine or herd immunity, I think if your heart is set on a certain metro area spread the seed 90 min out for good pickings and just park yourself halfway, good luck let us know how it goes

Reactions: 1 user
Right now I have two interviews in early Sept to start in Summer 2021... but just seems that most institutions/recruiters say "we'll send your CV over to the chief, I think he'll be interested." Then nothing. Follow-up, no response. Just curious if anyone else is striking out like this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now I have two interviews in early Sept to start in Summer 2021... but just seems that most institutions/recruiters say "we'll send your CV over to the chief, I think he'll be interested." Then nothing. Follow-up, no response. Just curious if anyone else is striking out like this?
Depends on the type of job and location. GI is still in great demand and underserved around the country. Many who suffered from covid in 1-2 person groups are taking advantage by joining locums in numbers that I think must be record highs.

Very very region dependant.....some regions have huge backlogs that can't keep up with getting back up to speed. These are not the boonies either, these are mid sized major metros, kind of the sweet spot overall in GI

It all depends on the city, state.
So many jobs out there, so many jobs.