Anyone got interviews with a 7 in verbal??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosfet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if you get a 7 in verbal and 11 in each of the other science sections....

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mosfet
What if you get a 7 in verbal and 11 in each of the other science sections....

then u would have a combined score of 29 :p

i know a girl who was interviewed with a 26....and i think her verbal was around a 7 or 8. she got four interviews that i can think of right now. she was also a NY state resident and i think two of the SUNY's interviewed her.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an 8 on verbal (30 overall) and have had a total of 4 interviews, and I am a nonminority male

I scored a 35 (8V, 14P, 13B) and am now a fourth year at a top-5 medical school. A low verbal score will not kill your chances with the understanding that the rest of your exam and application need to make up for it. During one of my medical school interviews, the interviewer commented how he thought my 8 didn't make sense given my well written essay and good communication skills during the interview. Make sure you essay shines and shows that you are literate! Good luck!

The 1st time I took the MCAT I got a 7 in VR and received 1 interview at Tulane. I was never accepted off of the waitlist and feel like my verbal killed me. This last year was much better after I improved considerably in verbal. One low score will send up a red flag but don't give up, your overall score is good. Good luck!

A seven should not hurt you at all. If your writing was really good, this shouldn't even be a problem.

hey i totally feel for you i had 11 11 6 verbal, and i ultimatly decided to retake in august a couple years ago and ended up improving to an 8. So i dont know if i would have gotten interviews with a 6 or not. With teh 8 and august mcater i got 3 interviews and did end up with acceptances so 7 is up to yo. i mean that is tricky, i would go ahead and apply and plan to retake if necessary but just hope you get in. Good luck and **** verbal

I got an 8 in verbal, and Q in writing, but since I'm an international student and English is my second language, the standard may be different for me.

So far, I have 9 interviews, and my verbal score did come up as an issue at Columbia, in which I just refer back to the fact that English's my second language and that I did well in my regular English Lit and Comp classes.

7V, 25overall and 1 interview so far, early on in the process

Ditto, 8 on Verbal, 33 Overall. 5 interviews so far.

Never give up!! I'm in the same boat as you with 6V 11P 11B and S. So far I got 6 interviews and an acceptance into Kansas City U! English was also my second language and although I stressed that on my essays...during the last 5 interviews, it never came up.

Good luck!! :)

Another 8 VR here, plus 13 BS and 10PS...One acceptance/Five interviews so far...
You're ok...good luck!

Thanks a lot for all your support guys. For a while there, I was really worried about even getting interviews with a 7 in verbal. BTW, English IS my third language.

On the April 2003 MCAT I score a 7V 13P 9B WS-Q and I have already received an interview invite from New York Medical College before they even have had a chance to get my August results. So, apparently they have confidence in my scores, despite the 7 (because my GPA certainly isn't anything to call home about). Don't be too worried about the v-score, especially with your science scores. Hope this adds a little more encouragement.