Anyone going to Sacred Heart?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckyOne12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who out there maybe attending Sacred Heart this year or if there are any current students who are in the DPT program there?! :)

What do you think about the program? :thumbup: ? :thumbdown: ?

Any things you can tell me about the school, people, living arrangements and town would be great! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and was invited for an interview but I declined the interview because the school didn't fit my budget with location and tuition.

@Ngozi where did you decide to go instead??

I went to the interview and got accepted... I feel like all PT schools have around the same tuition unless it is instate tuition for a state school. In Arizona NAU was my only hope for instate tuition and they are a top 30 program so EVERYONE wants to go there. The 3 other schools in my home state are all private satellite campuses & are VERY expensive for a "no name" school.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what are you stats for the programs? (GPA- prereq GPA, under grad school, and what schools did you apply to?)

Members don't see this ad :)
How can NO ONE on here be going to Sacred Heart?! I talked to Kathy in their office and she said the class is basically full now!

I haven't decided to go anywhere yet although I did get accepted to D'Youville College which is kind of expensive (I think something like $85,000) and I'd have to relocate to go there. I'm waiting to hear back from 8 schools that are on my top 9 list. Some schools with cheap tuition (between $60,000 - $70,000) and a few with expensive tuition (between $75,000 - $123,000) but are in commute distance from where I currently live. I think only 2 schools on my top 9 list are above $100,000 for tuition. The majority range from $60,000 - $70,000.

My top 9 schools are NYU, Touro (Long Island or Manhattan), Dominican College of Blauvelt, Seton Hall University, Southwest Baptist University, University of Mary, Alabama State University, Des Moines University - Osteopathic Medical Center, Husson University

Schools within commute distance: NYU, Touro (Long Island or Manhattan), Dominican College of Blauvelt, Seton Hall University. I'd have to relocate for the other schools.

I've heard from Touro and they basically want a better GRE score from me before they can consider me. I had an interview with NYU and I'm waiting to hear back. I have a phone interview with Husson University in March and I'm waiting to hear back from the other schools on whether I'd be granted an interview or accepted(for schools that don't do interviews).

Sacred Heart's tuition for the 3 years(6 semesters) is $96,000 plus I'd have to relocate to go to that school and that would cause my cost of living to increase which right now is pretty much non-existent.

You can see my stats here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=967640

I hope people are still reading this thread...
I was wondering when Sacred Heart reached out to you for the first time to invite you to an interview. I am getting worried because some students I go to school with now already heard from them!