Anyone going for the CSU interviews a bit early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ecdysone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting to Denver tomorrow--snowstorm-willing!--and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of things to do until Tuesday when my interview is?
So far I don't think I have any plans, although the Butterfly Conservatory looks interesting!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply to CSU, but thanks for signaling imaginal disc eversion in Drosophila leg imaginal discs so I could do my undergrad honors thesis!

(nice name :) )

Yeah the butterfly pavillion is in Westminster Colorado and it is pretty interesting. Also there is a Titanic exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo. Hope this helps!
PS- What are you interviewing for... the phd/dvm program?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a lot to do in Ft Collins. Cheyenne, WY is a step back in time and only a few more miles up the highway.

check out the breweries!!! Downtown is pretty cool too... Denver has a ton to do, as someone posted above, but it's over an hour away and we've had snowfall lately so the roads are icy (BE CAREFUL!!!) If you can get over there, Estes Park is really pretty and cute with it's little shops and what not. Have a great time and if I was going to be in town I'd offer to let you stay at my house or I'd show you around but I'm back in sunny SoCal for xmas! :p

Yep, it's for the dvm/phd program, and so far today we walked around on 16th and had lunch. I think tomorrow I'll go check out a brewery or two, butterfly pavilion, and maybe the titanic exhibition if we have time. We're going to Ft. Collins tomorrow afternoon, right now I'm revising what to talk about with the people I'm meeting with, thanks for all your suggestions!

Too late for anyone already there and back, but Ft. Collins also has (what, me? obsessed with food?) an ethiopian restaurant, a middle eastern restaurant, an indian restaurant, a couple kick butt sushi-type places, and this asian/ hawaiian specialty food shop not far from the vet school (haynes street maybe? I bad with roads). between the three (four?) you could easily kill at least 2 days. and three pairs of pants.

Then there's the new belgium brewery (tho not in town) a budweiser factory (just outside town) and some pretty mountains. Hmmm... and if you take college (287) north you can see all kinds of elk and antelopes and cows and horsies, and if you keep going, you could see me! scary, I know.

Oh, And I'm told that ft. collins has the single cleanest, nicest, most perfectest wal-mart anywhere. But that I truly disbelieve. Just because.

Then again, up in Laramie, Ft. Collins is like Paris or London would be to the rest of the world.

j.