Anyone get a letters from Chairman?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phuntyme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last week I received a letter from a program saying how I should highly consider their program. Did anyoen else receive something of this nature or is it just something they send everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I sure didn't get any letters from chairmen, but I did get a little cd-business-card thing from utmb that i haven't looked at yet.

Since this is an anonymous forum, do you mind sharing where you got the letter from? Just curious.

I got a few (supposedly) generic thank you letters from 2 or 3 programs, though I think that even this form of communication is illegal. I don't really think we should be getting programs in trouble (or should we), so maybe you should keep the program name to yourself.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised during the interiview process in that many (if not all) of the programs were very adamant about keeping to the rules of the match. Some even said not to send any thank you letters or contact them in any way (MEEI and Columbia). This was very reassuring to me and other applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
PPV said:
I got a few (supposedly) generic thank you letters from 2 or 3 programs, though I think that even this form of communication is illegal. I don't really think we should be getting programs in trouble (or should we), so maybe you should keep the program name to yourself.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised during the interiview process in that many (if not all) of the programs were very adamant about keeping to the rules of the match. Some even said not to send any thank you letters or contact them in any way (MEEI and Columbia). This was very reassuring to me and other applicants.

Programs can contact you and you can contact them. This is from sfmatch.org

www.sfmatch.org said:
Statements of Intent
If made, such statements must be unilateral, voluntary, and unconditional. Neither party may ask the other for a commitment. A statement like: "I will rank you first if you rank me first" is against the matching rules. A statement like: "You are among the best programs/applicants I have seen so far; I appreciate meeting you regardless of how you will rank me" is permitted.

Thanks for the clarification :D